Dentist [JAMILTON]

"I'm not going to the dentist!" I scream and yell, throwing my notebook at the wall. From his spot in the corner, James gasps as my mother simply glares at me. I yell again, "I don't want to die!" I scream and yell continuously, until my mother ignores me and just pulls me out the room.

I sniffle as she forces me into the passanger seat. James knows complaining about sitting in the back won't do him any good, so he stays quiet.

I can hear my mother's anger seeping through the strong mask that she keeps on while James and I are present. If I listen closely, I can also hear the music coming from James' headphones the entire ride to the dentist's office.

"I don't want to," I defy my mother again as she parks and drags me across the parking lot, "Please?"

My mother shakes her head, then turns us both around so I'm looking at her and she's looking at me, "This is a chore for me too, Alexander. I have a lot of things to do and I chose to spend my day taking you to the dentist's. So be quiet about it."

I suddenly feel bad. I don't make any complaints as she drags me into the office and signs me in. I stay by her side the entire time, even through the procedure and cleaning on my death. When I'm done, my gums are bleeding and I can taste the blood.

But I don't defy my mother ever again.

"Do you remember that time you went to the dentist when you were six-" James begins.

"Shut up," I mumble, "This time is different."

"Really?" He ponders, "And why is that?"

"Because-" I pause "-Because my boyfriend is a fucking dentist."

~~~

"Ay!" Thomas greets me, holding his arms open, "My favorite patient. How's your day going, can I fuck you when I get home?"

"Oi! Shut up," I whisper, looking back to the door. It's closed and locked, but I don't see a problem with that. Answering his open arms, I hug him and look up when I'm done with a sigh, "Can you put me to sleep?" Thomas leans down, pecks my lips, and laughes.

"Nope. Can't use sleeping shots or whatever on pure and innocent patients like you." He pokes my cheek, then gives it a kiss. I follow Thomas to the chair, sitting down. He casts a heavy vest over me and takes pictures of my teeth from the inside with an uncomfortable plastic thing.

"I'm tired," I mumble halfway through, "Can I go to sleep?"

Thomas pouts, "But then how would I talk to my favorite patient while he sleeps?"

I slap him across his face, "You won't, bitch-"

"Ah, ah ah," He stops my hand, "I don't think you should hit me."

I look away, acting as defiant as ever, "Whatever."

Thomas puts the last camera into my mouth and takes the last picture. I listen to the loud sound it makes and breathe in the peculiar smell of the dentists' office, "You can go to sleep. I don't want my baby tired." Thomas whispers to me as we walk to the next patient room.

I fall onto his shoulder, falling asleep already. The last things I register are him placing me on a bed covered by plastic wrap and kissing my lips softly.

~~~

i'm determined to finish this book tonight and i'm so happy