New Year's Eve [JAMILTON]

mixing up fan fiction you wrote with another fan fiction like 'wait i wrote that last month what am i on about'

~~~

"I'm so excited for this party!" Alex exclaimed, climbing into the backseat of his brother's car and placing down his hoodie in the seat next to him. The next seat over, Peter, his other brother, slid into the seat. In the front of the car, James was already ready to leave the driveway.

"I can't believe I'm taking both of you with me..." He murmured to himself, facepalmimg against the steering wheel. Peter smirked and Alex smiled.

"Oh, c'mon. Don't be like that, James. I'm your cool older brother," Peter mumbled behind James, then rolled down the window, "Let's get going, hurry."

"Hey!" Alex whined, "Close the window, it's cold."

Peter shushed Alex had James began to drive the car. Falling back into his seat, Alex knew there were better things he could do besides annoy his older brothers. They both got hot easily, while Alex found getting cold as easy as eating an apple. He shivered, slipping on his hoodie.

"I'm cold." He whispered halfway through the drive. James and Peter both ignored him.

The house the three brothers were driving up to was on top of a mountain, meaning Alex and Peter put their lives in James' hands as he drove them up the mountain in the dark. Even at the base of the mountain, with the window open you could hear the screams and music comimg from the house sitting high and mighty above the ground.

James swerved along the roads speaking to both of them like he was a parent, "Neither of you can embarrass me. Actually, Peter don't talk to me. And play cool songs, not wedding songs or whatever."

Peter rolled his eyes, "I don't play wedding songs at parties. I only play wedding songs at weddings. I'm not that bad of a DJ. But, whatever. Yessir, no socializing." Beside him, the younger one's heartbeat suddenly skyrocked when the first piece of rain fell on the car.

James noticed and decided not to lecture Alex about how to act at the party as Peter reached out for Alex.

"Hey, Alex?" Peter asked, holding his hand out. Alex took it out. Peter suddenly got a good feeling of how cold Alex was and finally closed the window. The only sound was the sound of the rain hitting the windows and roof of the black SUV driving up the mountain.

"Yeah?" Alex's voice was merely above a whisper.

"Want to hear a joke?" The rain hit harder, and Alex's hand tightend around Peter's.

"Yeah." Alex agreed, trying hard to smile.

"My entire existence."

Alex slapped his brother, laughing softly, "That's so funny, but it's also not funny at the same time." Peter smiled, moving a seat over and hugging Alex. Finally, the car came to a stop on the mountain.

"Well, we can't go any further. Cars are lined up like sardines," James said, putting on park and unlocking the doors, "We'll have to walk the rest."

Alex whimpered, staying close to Peter as the three climbed out of the car and into the rain. They all pulled up their hoodies. Alex took his phone from his hoodie pocket and gently turned it on. It was scheduled to rain until one AM.

"Great," He muttered to Peter as the trio walked up the hill, "I'll spend New Year's Eve in the rain..."

Peter's arm protectively wrapped tighter around Alex as the house came into view. No one answered Alex's worries as James had already run off and Peter was out of breath from carrying all his DJ gear in his hands throuh the rain and up a hill.

"Well," Peter got out breathlessly, "You go off now. Go find your friends." He panted, protectively kissing Alex's cheek. Alex nodded shyly, running off into the house before any more rain could fall on his hoodie. He was already soaking wet as he was greeted by his friends on the patio.

"Alex!" Peggy exclaimed, up to hug him first depsite his wet sweatshirt. Alex examined the house in front of them. It was one of those modern houses for rich people with wooden decks that expanded off the mountain and could give you a view of the whole city. Different colored lights came from every room in the house and although the music was hardly hearable, it was there.

Peter would make the music even better.

"Twenty minutes until 2019!" James Madison came up to Alexander next, not hugging him like Peggy had. Behind him, Alex was greeted by the rest of the large friend group. Eliza, Angelica, John, Hercules, Lafayette, and Thomas. Alex smiled, his face turning red as Thomas hugged him last.

"Let's go inside." Angelica pulled them all inside and they all followed her to a quiet room.

"How do you know this house so well?" John asked, looking around the room she led them to and realized it was a bedroom, "And who's room is this?! We should get out, this is private-"

"Relax, idiot. This is my bedroom," Peggy cut in, "You know Angelica is the host of this party, right?" The group sat on the floor as they just kept talking to each other, mostly making fun of John for not knowing Angelica held the party every year.

"I should go be a... host." Angelica said after a while, standing up. Eliza checked her watch and screamed.

"Five minutes until 2019! Come on, let's go out to the deck." She exclaimed, standing up. Alex didn't get up as the rest of them followed though. Peggy watched and so did Thomas.

"You going to leave?" Thomas asked, pointing to the door. Alex shook his head, blushing. Peggy, getting the gist, began to leave.

"Well, Thomas, you can stay with him. Bye! Happy New's Year!" She was out of the bedroom a moment later as Alex and Thomas stood around awkwardly. Alex crawled to the large window Peggy had, looking out. It was right above the deck, maybe a floor above. Thomas walked over next to him.

"The fireworks are going to go off soon." He commented, looking down at Alex.

Alex nodded, his face red as he looked up at Thomas.

On the deck, the mix of high schoolers and college students began to chant. It was a countdown from ten to... zero. It was the end of 2019. Alex recapped the year happily in his mind. All that had happened... It led to this. This was it. This was his new year.

"Happy New Year!" The students yelled out. Thomas' lips came down onto Alex's and Alex kissed back. Both their faces were tinted red, but it was so perfect with the yelling in the background.

Alex smiled.

~~~

lmao i wrote the kissing scene and burn started to play-