Soulmate [JAMILTON] [not a part four, just has the same name #creativity]

i'm sorry i get so unsatisfied when school starts, i'm such an idiot-

bye sean, i'll miss you (the worst thing about my entire day was hearing sean was leaving rhpc and i cried for like thirty minutes shsjssisj i loved sean he was the best)

RED STRING AND ARM WRITING SOULMATE AU

~~~

I tug at my string, realizing how tight it is. It has been hurting my wrist since the day I was born, meaning my soulmate is really far away.

Today is the day I'll finally have a chance of meeting him (he only told me his gender). I'm running away from Mr. Washington and Mrs. Washington. In their faces, I call them mom and dad. But they can never live up to my real mom and dad. It feels fake. I love them and all, but it doesn't feel right.

"Alex? Are you done with your homework?" Mrs. Washington knocks on my door. I jump, scared, and throw my bag under my bed. She walks in a few seconds late with me on the bed, reading my math textbook.

"Almost..." I mumble.

She nods and walks over. After ruffling my hair and asking if I need any help (I do not), she leaves.

"Thanks for asking Mrs- Mom." I call as she leaves.

I see her flinch, but she leaves anyway.

The moment I see her shadow go back downstairs from my bedroom door, I open the window, pick up my stuff, and leave the house.

~~~

I hop onto a train, not knowing where it would led me. The direction it was going it would make my string less tight. I write on my left arm happily. Maybe my soulmate will notice the string between us growing smaller...

'Hey, what's up?' I write.

'Nothing. You?'

'Just trying to make our string smaller.' I smile, placing my arm down. I'm giddy for his response. After a few more minutes, I look back down.

No response.

That's rude. He probably felt it being engraved. He probably read it.

My soulmate left me on read.

That hurts, like a lot.

~~~

The string continues going more lose and more lose until finally, I can just walk to find my soulmate. Unfortunately, I don't have time for that.

I get into Starbucks and order something. Then I sit down and look at my phone, suprised to see I'm in Virginia now. I must have slept for way longer than I intended too. I'm always tired, after all.

I put my phone on charge next to my seat and skim through stuff. I feel terrible when I see Mrs. Washington posting that I'm no where to be found on her FaceBook. I want to call her, but that would give away my location faster.

Suddenly, I feel my red string fall onto my lap. What..? That would mean my soulmate is walking towards me. The string is getting smaller.

I put my phone down and stand up. I take it off the charger, put it in my backpack, and follow the string.

I walk out of Starbucks, holding the string only my soulmate and I can see. People don't look at me weirdly; everyone has their own invisible string.

I walk down two blocks, feeling the string loosen more and more. I get to a corner and turn around, only to smash into a guy wearing running clothes and listening to music. We both fall down and I stumble to get up. He takes his earbuds out and gets up.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"It's ok." He answers.

I take hold of my string again and began to walk, expecting to walk right past him.

I walk right into him.

Shook, I look at his wrist.

Sure enough, a red string is tied on his wrist. He added a small yellow bow.

My soulmate.

~~~

hmm i was gonna say something here, but i forgot

OH YEAH

SO MY BEST FRIEND IS ALWAYS TRYING TO BE LIKE ME AND MEMORIZE MUSICALS (WHICH SHE IS SO BAD AT) AND SHE WAS SINGING 21 CHUMP STREET AND GOT THE LYRICS WRONG AND THEN INSULTED ME BECAUSE I DIDNT KNOW ALL THE LYRICS TO WICKED

she doesn't even know what the hell wicked is about, jesus christ i kinda hate her-