9/11 [JAMILTON] [PARTT TWO // FLUFF]

dedicated to tastyalex

The line rings over and over again, nearly six times, until it beeps. My heart, it takes a beat, my breath comes out finally, and my tears somehow pour even more.

"T-Thomas?" Alex's voice croaks. I'm silent for a second, savoring his voice.

"Alex."

And we both burst into tears. I turn around finally and look out the window, at the World Trade Center. It's burning.

"H-How are you a-alive?" I know he works on the higher floors and those are all... falling down.

"I went for a coffee break..."

I have never loved coffee more. I am smiling, I am happy, I am more than great. I am so happy I could probably light up a light bulb with my positivity.

"Can you, uh, get back to the house-house?" I croak, my voice wavering up and down.

"Of c-course."

~~~

I get to our apartment first. I wait in the hall, shaking. Everytime the elevator dings, I tense up. Sometimes, I hear crying. Rarely, I hear laughing. Once I hear the janitor crying as he cleans the halls. I want to comfort him but... Alex.

And then, just as I'm going to go back inside and wait for him there, he comes out of the elevator.

The chime is music to my ears.

"Alex!" I scream, jumping at him. And we're on the floor.

"T-Thomas?" His voice is so low and cracks so much, he sounds like a thirteen year old. It's so adorable.

I get off of him, rolling over so he's on top of me. I kiss his nose softly.

"I'm safe." Alex says, almost like he doesn't believe it.

"You're safe." I assure.

~~~

A S K M E Q U E S T I O N S