Too Cool [JAMILTON]

warning; cutting, drugs

t h o m a s

I walk into school, being greeted by my normal friends. It's the usual popular crowd I'm surrounded by and I'm in the center of it. I'm the most popular kid in school, and I'm proud to say it. I want to think I'm not cocky like some of my other friends, but I do have a small dilemma concerning that.

We'll get to that later.

"What's up, homie?" Aaron (Burr) asked me, putting his hand on my shoulder. I flinched and tried to brush his hand away, but it didn't even budge.

"Nothing." I reply, my eyes scanning the halls in front of us.

"Whatcha looking for?" Aaron asks, wiggling his eyebrows in a strange way.

"Nothing." I reply again, continuing to scan the halls. That's when I see him.

Alexander Hamilton.

He's putting books in his lockers. He's smaller than everyone else around him and there's a pen tucked behind his ear. His hair is in a ponytail and his clothes are all black. He always wears long sleeves. I'm kind of scared to find out why. I hope he isn't suicidal. Although, the way Aaron and the rest of my "friends" treats him, he might as well be.

"Look, Alexander Hamilton." Aaron nudges me, pointing to Alex. I think he notices though because he quickly scurries off.

Someone laughs on the other side of me. Charles Lee.

"Don't worry, we can get him later, Aaron."

They both laugh. I feel sick to my stomach.

~~~

I can feel the tension between me and Aaron. Honestly, I don't know why we're still friends. I think it has something to do with the fact that it's just to boost each other's popularity, but I hate him. I hate his actions, especially right now.

"What are you?" Aaron harshly punches Alex. I strip down to my boxers. We're in the locker rooms, changing for gym class.

"Nothing." Alex mumbles, not even holding his face anymore. He's in his boxers like me. I put on sports shorts.

"Good." Aaron mumbles, letting go of Alex. Alex sighs and stays limp against the locker until Aaron leaves the room, leaving Alex and I as the last people in the locker room.

I feel my face turn red as I take off my shirt. I reach for my new shirt and notice Alex staring at me. I turn to face him.

"What?" I ask. I ask it softly, which surprises me.

"Y-You... Why don't you hate me?" Alex is holding is left arm and whenever he moves it, he flinches. Oh my god, did Aaron break his left arm?

"I do. I'm just not stupid enough to fight." I reply harshly. I don't know why I did that. I pull on a short and begin to leave.

"You have a soft side," He suddenly announces. I turn around slowly. He talks again, softly, "You like me."

And that's about it.

"No, I don't," I reply, shooting a middle finger at him. I throw a shirt from the floor at him, it's probably his, "Put on fucking clothes, I'm not gay like you."

~~~

a l e x

I take the knife in my hands, delicatly feeling around. I like to get to know my knives before having personal contact. I laugh a bit to myself.