Monster (Rewritten) [JAMILTON]

wait i'm going to put this chapter before the original because i like it more (:

credits to ThunderDash378 

homophobic slurs

~~~

To be misunderstood, you first have to be understood.

Everyone starts off understood. Everyone starts off telling lies and being loved. Everyone. Everyone starts off understood. It seems people always have their whole life together, when really they're understood. Being understood hurts. Being understood hurts just one person. Being misunderstood hurts just one person. You.

That's why when Alex announced he hated the entire kingdom and that he was gay, he didn't even care. Sooner or later, someone would find out or Alex would find that pressure too unbearable to live under. Either way, he was going to die.

Today was the day of his execution. Unlike any other prince had ever been in the Kingdom of Hamilton, he was locked in a cell. The dungeon was gruesome and dark. Every so often, you could hear a long, painful scream. You didn't know why the scream was coming out of the person's mouth. You didn't know anything.

All you could see was the inside of your cell. A dark room with a light in the middle. No bench. 

"It's time." A guard ripped open the door to Alex's cell, causing Alex to jump. He grabbed Alex's wrist and pulled him into the light.

"Is that what hell looks like?" Alex asked the guard, pointing to his hair. It was messy and knotted.

"Oh, you'll see hell soon, faggot."

~~~

t h o m a s

I am not your average evil werewolf.

In fact, I shouldn't even be a werewolf. People heard that I was gay and came to the conclusion that I killed my father. I would've been happier being executed in the town square.  My father died in a hospital bed, right next to me. My father died talking to me. My father died because of an unknown disease. I did not kill my father. But that's what all gays do right? They kill their father. Right? Right?

I was turned into a werewolf by the judge. That was a great day.

"He's a gay, he's a murder." The judge threw her gravel on the desk and pointed to an old fairy. I looked behind me and gasped.

"No, please. Don't turn me into a werewolf! It's worse... I'd rather be dead. I don't want to have to kill people from other villages and kingdoms for food!" I yelled, shaking. My "gay-accepting" lawyer held me still.

"Do it."

Good memories.

~~~

a l e x

"This will be the last time you see the village. Look around." I slumped deeper into my seat. The security guard refused to touch me and had to tied to the seat instead.

I could hear people on the streets. One girl in particular. My sister's friend. Angelica.

"Look around! Look around! We're so lucky to be alive right now."

I almost let myself laugh.

Speaking of my sister, I wondered if she would be there. She was sick and in the hospital, but she said she would be. Not because she wanted to see me die, but she wanted to say goodbye. She still loved me.

"We're here." A guard declared. I slipped out of the ropes, easily. He didn't need to untie me.

Another guard led me to a pole. I grabbed the rope.