Rain [JAMILTON] [not a part two, just has the same name #creativity]

james didn't die in the hurricane, but this is for the sake of me making alex sad (;

Alex cowered in his blanket, the sheets sloppily thrown over him as the rain pounded on the window right next to him. Inside the blanket, he had a flashlight and a book. He wasn't really paying attention to the words of the page though and his mind was occupied with thoughts of his brother James, who had died in a hurricane. Oh, how Alex wished Thomas and him would switch beds.

The rain got harder.

Out of habit, Alex let out a whimper and immediately regretted it.

From the other side of the room, he heard rustling. Thomas had stopped snoring and was moving his sheets around. He was most likely awake.

"Alex?" Yup. He was, "Why'd you whimper?"

"Shut up." Alex responded, his voice jumping around. He was crying now.

"Alex? Are you crying? Aww..." Thomas laughed. Alex threw off his blankets to glare at Thomas just in time to see him amble over to Alex's side of the bedroom. When he got to Alex's bed, he pulled Alex into a hug.

"Get off of me!" Alex screamed, trying to push away from Thomas.

A moment later, thunder rang out around them. Alex whimpered again.

"Alex?" Thomas asked softly.

"What?" Alex asked. Still aggressively.

"It's okay." Alex buried his face in his magenta nightshirt, some of his tears falling on it.

"Thanks."

"Of course..."