Latte [JAMILTON] [not a part two, just has the same name #creativity]

i'm so full of love right now because i just finished talking to my girlfriend for like two hours so i thought i'd write fan fiction

tbh it hurt my arm to type messages to her and it'll hurt to type this, but my arm is getting betttter! also, my cold is too, but i don't think anyone cares that i have a cold-

~~~

I open my car door, stepping out. I grab my phone from the dashboard and smile to myself as I check the time and see a picture of my girlfriend on my lockscreen. I unlock my phone and text him.

A.Ham: Hey Eliza, do you want anything from Starbucks? For our date. I'll sneak the drinks into the movie theater.

E.Schuy: Order me whatever you like, Alex!

A.Ham: Okay. Later.

E.Schuy: Later.

I put my phone back into my back pocket and go into the coffee store. I wait in line, thinking about Eliza.

Speaking of Eliza, she's been acting kind of weird lately. She's always been secretive, but it's getting worse. I try to avoid asking her about her day, because it makes me feel like she's not telling me something. I care about her a lot, I really do, so I hope she'll eventually tell me...

As soon as the thoughts are over, I realize I'm at the front of the line.

"Hi!" I greet the employee happily, "I'll have a latte. What do you recommend I bring for my date?"

The guy smiles at me. Thomas, says his nametag.

"Latte. Couples who drink the same thing are adorable." I nod, smiling back.

"Thanks."

So I order two lattes and walk out of the coffee shop with the cardboard tray Starbucks always gives you.

And that's when I see her.

Eliza and Maria in a car, making out. Maria's tounge is licking all around Eliza's ugly face and goes down to her body as Eliza sits in the driver's seat, her mouth open. I assume she's moaning. Out of habit (I've been cheated on a lot), I throw the latte at their car and storm into mine.

I'm off like a rocket and going back to my house.

~~~

The next morning, I wake up with a hangover. My head is throbbing and wine bottles are all spread out across my bedroom floor. I whine, remembering I don't have anyone to give me advil or water. I feel like crying, remembering Eliza and Maria making out.

I must've gotten drunk when I got home. I do that often when people break up with me.

It seems everyone breaks up with me. Even Maria broke up with me at one point.

I get up from my bed, trying to ignore the headache although it's impossible. I fall on the floor and start crawling. I don't even get dressed, I just get up and walk to Starbucks. It's not far, maybe two blocks, but driving would be better. I don't trust myself enough to drive right now, though...

I enter Starbucks. Everyone is staring at me. I stand in line. I get to the front of the line. Thomas the employee is there.

"Hi," I sniffle, "I'll take a latte. Any recommendations on what to bring on a date with myself?" I'm looking down the entire time, but I want to fall over and cry. My eyes are watery.

"Aw... Hey, I'm going to get you some water since you're obviously hungover, okay?" Thomas says, getting me some free water. I nod slowly and continue standing there.

"Can I still get a latte?"

"No. Coffee won't be good for you, trust me."

I nod slowly and step out of line. When I look up for a moment, I see he's smiling at me.

I stumble out of Starbucks and go back to my house.

~~~

I'm feeling brand new and energized as I step out of my car. I check the time on my phone, making sure I'm not late on my date with Aaron Burr.

I'm not.

A.Ham: Want me to get you anything from Starbucks?"

A.Burr: Latte.

A.Ham: Okay!

I hop into Starbucks and wait in line.

When I get to the front, I see Thomas smiling at me.

"What will it be today?" He asks me.

"One latte for Alex and one latte for Aaron."

"Oooh? Which one are you dating?"

"Aaron." I say, forgetting he didn't know my name.

"God luck."

"Thanks!" I exclaim.

~~~

I wake up the next morning with a hangover. I have vivid imagines in my brain. Me yelling at Aaron to stop, Aaron... not stopping. It hurts so much, the hangover and my life in its entirety. I'm hurting. But I know what will make me feel a little bit better.

I crawl out of bed, messily changing into running clothes. I slap myself in the face, telling myself I should've stopped him. What is wrong with me?

I walk to Starbucks. My legs hurt, although I've hardly walked. I bet it's Aaron's fault. No, it's mine. I shouldn't have let him continue. I should've made him stop, should've told him my main goal was to not get STD's while I was on a date with him. He didn't even use a condom...

I stumble into Starbucks, waiting in line.

The longer some people stare at me, the more I feel like crying.

Until I'm at the front of the line, sniffling and crying quietly.

"One latte for Alex. What should I bring on a date with myself?" I ask the employee, Thomas, quietly. I sniffle and cry as he takes a while to answer. I know he's examining me. Everyone is, everyone knows that I didn't push Aaron away. Everyone in this Starbucks knows it's my fault I got raped.

"Me. You should take me on a date." Thomas finally answers. He takes my chin softly and pulls my head up. More tears come from my eyes as he tries to wipe them away. I'm smiling again.

"I'll take two lattes." I mumble when the tears stop. He puts the order into the cash register thing. I take out my credit card, ready to pay but-

"I'll pay for it." He says.

"Okay."