James Reynolds [JAMILTON // PART ONE]

right. so i'm gonna get to 100 by the end of the week

~~~

I trudged out of my room, meet with Laf on the couch. I'm wearing a green dress and I absolutely hate it. It's a long-sleeved dress to hide my cuts. Today, I have to meet with Mr. Washington. He's going to pair me up with someone else for a project and wants me to meet him first. No one knows I'm transgender and I find it hard to go from a girl to a boy while you're still in college. So, as of right now, I'm Alexa Hamilton, a girl.

"Hey, Alexa." Laf greets me, waving a bit. He's watching a cooking show on TV about how to make pancakes while eating pancakes. The pancake he's eating is burnt and falling apart in his hands though, very much different from the one on TV.

"Hey, Laf. I'm going out. Can you watch Shelly?" I ask, referring to my turtle. From his spot on the couch, Laf nods, "Thanks." He nods again.

~~~

I amble to Mr. Washington's classroom, where I into the room and sit down in one of his wooden chairs with a red couch cushion. He's not here and neither is my partner. I look around.

On the board, Mr. Washington has a US flag and an LGBT flag. It's cool. I know he would accept me. I'm basically his son (daughter since I'm still... a girl).

"Alexa!" The door opens, slammimg against the wall behind it.

I jump and turn around, groaning. My partner is James Reynolds. Behind him, Mr. Washington walks in, smiling a bit like he didn't just ruin my chances of a good grade. James and I have a bad history and he knows all about it! Thomas bullied me relentlessly for dressing like a boy when we were younger. I cut because of him!

"James." I mumble.

Mr. Washington sits behind his desk and James sits next to me.

"Why do I have to meet him? I already know him!" I whisper, loud enough for James to hear, to my dad.

"Because I want you two to be friends again!"

"Again?!" James and I both question, shocked.

"Yeah. Anyway, I'm going to leave you in this room with the doors locked and force you to talk to each other! Work out your differences, okay?"

Thomas shakes his head vigorously as Mr. Washington stands up. I stand up to and follow him to the door. Unfortunately, Mr. Washington is stronger than me. He closes the door in my face, leaving a tiny piece of my dress still stuck on the door. I can't move.

"Well, at least you look like a girl now." James mumbles.

"Would you shut up?! Get me a blade or something."

A minute later, James hands me a (sandwich bag with some little green nuggets. I GOT IT FOR YOU XO COOL WANT IT NOW? SEEE YOU AT SCHOOL) pair of scissors. I cut my dress off from the door and finally walk over to him. I'm way smaller, but I can still do what I want to do to him.

I slap him in the face.

"Ow!" James exclaims, holding his face in his hands. I smirk.

"You deserved that..."

"Oh..." He gets up, smiling, "It's on!" He blows a kick to my stomach.

~~~

By the time we're done fighting, I'm crying on the floor and James is above me, laughing. I believe right now that my life will end soon. He's going to kill me.

"Alexa!" The door bursts open.

Thomas Jefferson.

Why is he here?

"Are you okay?"

Lafayette.

Oh, I forgot, they're cousins.

James straightens up, "What are you guys doing here?"

Lafayette and Thomas ignore him, going towards me instead. Thomas picks me up off the floor and I wince. Why is he here? We're enemies and he's suppoused to hate me.

"Alexa? Are you okay?" He asks.

Lafayette sighs and I look at him. He's on his phone, texting. Honestly, I don't blame him. Whatever he's doing is definitely more important than me... Everything is more important than me...

"Shelly is throwing up." He mumbles to me, running out of the room.

Oh, yeah, Shelly.

Oh no, Shelly!

I try to squirm out of Thomas's arms, but he's too strong. I let down my gaurd, realizing we're the only two people left in the room. It's probably going to stay that way. James won't be caught and Thomas will forgot he ever cared about me... That's how everything goes in my life, right? Everything is cool and fine for everyone else, but no for me. All the people who care about me just forget. Or die.

"Alexa?" Thomas shakes me in his arms, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I deadpan.

"You're not fine," He whispers, "Do you have any cuts from James?" He sets me down back on the floor and grabs for my sleeve. Oh, no. I yank it away so he won't have to the see the cuts from me, "Alexa?" He grabs my arm forcefully, forcing my sleeve up.

"Stop!" I say harshly, but it's too late.

Thomas Jefferson saw the cuts.

"Alexa..." He grabs me, pulling me into a hug.

Well, might as well tell someone.

"It's Alex." I mumble.

~~~

wOw cHooSe yOur oWn enDinngG

no seriously

one will be angst, one will be fluff, have funnnnnnnnnnnn (: