Spider [JAMILTON]

I'm scrolling through Instagram, hearting pictures from like a year ago on Thomas's page. It surprises me how little he's changed. I remember our first date nearly five years ago, and he still looks like the same handsome tall idiot I know. Speaking of that idiot, his arms are snaked around my waist right now. He's asleep, but I'm sitting up.

The lights are dim and across on another sofa from us are Lafayette and John. John is in Lafayette's arms, his arms and legs wrapped around Laf like his life depends on it. In a way, it does. Lafayette found John on the street, bruised with several cuts. We figured out he had just gotten away from an abusive relationship where he was kicked out.

They're cute together.

Maybe even cuter than Thomas and I.

Nah.

I stand up, going to go get some water. That's when I turn on the flashlight to the floor. My feet are on the sofa still and I'm glad I didn't put them down because righ next to the sofa is a big, huge spider.

I scream.

John is the first who really wakes up. He shoots up from his position in Laf's arms, apologizing for anything he's done and for me to please not hurt him. Lafayette pulls him back down, mumbling sweet nothings into his ear as Thomas registers what's going on and gets up.

"Hmm?" He asks me.

"Spider." I respond, watching the spider with my phone flashlight. I see Thomas frown a little, but he kisses my cheek lightly and take my phone from me.

"It's two AM, Lex. As soon as this spider is dead, you're going to sleep, got it?"

I nod, kind of ashamed I was up so late. Why, I don't know. But everytime that stupid freaking adorable boyfriend of mine looks at me with those large, disappointed eyes I feel ashamed. I can't help it, it's a thing I can't prevent from happening.

Thomas gets up, still watching the spider as he turns on the light.

I look across the room at Lafayette and John. They're both awake. Lafayette is running him hand along John's wrists soothingly as John silently cries. He probably got memories of his abusive boyfriend coming home and screaming from my yelling. I feel bad.

"Alexander?" Thomas shakes me and I'm out of my thoughts in a second.

"Yes?"

"Look at the dead bug." He puts the napkin near my eyes as I screech at the sight of the dead bug. Across the room, Laf laughs and John giggles. I groan at all of them, turning around in the coach and facing away from all my so-called "friends."

A minute later, I feel the lights turn off. I hear Thomas walk towards the couch and place my phone down on the table. He wraps his hands around my wasit as I purr lightly, just like a kitten. We fall asleep like that and even though I get a nightmare about spiders, I couldn't ask for anyone other than Thomas to wake up too.

Ugh, I love him so much.

~~~

i wanna die