Next Door [JAMILTON] [PART TWO]

"Alex!" John called, banging his fists on Alex's door.

"Why didn't you tell me!?" Alex yelled back, pulling the door open. John gasped and ran into the room before Alex could close the door again.

"I'm sorry... Jeez." John looked away and Alex sighed, leaving his door open.

"It's okay. Get out." He said the first sentence very full of forgiveness and then pointed to the door with a bored expression on his face for the second.

"Okay." John replied and softly and left Alex to his thoughts.

~~~

As soon as Alex heard John leave, he ripped open his door. Running to the kitchen, he found the kitchen knife and ran back to his room. After a few more minutes, he heard John leave the house. He wouldn't hear Alex's screams.

Alex walked to the hallway, between the shared apartment he had and the apartment Thomas had. For a second, he stopped.

He looked out down at the hallway. He remembered family. His strong mother. His dad who left him. His brother who never went to his graduation. No one cared about Alex. Even John had more important things to think about.

Alex had no one's.

Alex had no one.

No one cared about Alex.

He had thought Thomas would be different. He needed to write a suicide note. He needed to explain to everyone everything. He wanted Thomas to find him in the hallway and break down. He wanted Thomas to hurt like he did. He wanted Thomas to love him.

~~~

Dear Thomas,

I hate you. I hate the world. I hate everything.

Here I am. On the floor of the hallway of an apartment building. Have you ever heard of a better, quicker death? I plan on stabbing myself several times in the chest. I do hope I can stab my heart, but I don't know. A half of it fell off when I saw you kissing James Madison.

Thanks.

Alex

~~~

Proceeding with his plan, Alex pulled the knife up.

"I love you, Thomas." He whispered and pushed the cold, steel kitchen knife into his heart. A minute later, Alexander Hamilton lay dead on the floor. His face was pale. His eyes looked lifeless, probably because they were. The suicide note he had wrote covered the wound he had created on his chest. It didn't stop the blood and the blood continued to spill all over the carpet.

"I love you, Thomas." A small whisper could be heard in the hallway. Alexander Hamilton was now a ghost.

~~~

"I should go speak to Alex... I'm so sorry for making out with you, by the way." Thomas hung up on James. He felt terrible and wanted to apologize to Alex.

Slowly, he walked through his apartment. It smelled of Mac n' Cheese and there were cheese stains all over the couch. Upon seeing the couch, he groaned. He was drunk when he began making out with his best friend, James Madison. Now he needed to apologize to his real love interest, who apparently loved him back. The couch reminded him of this because of the pillows James had thrown to the other side of the room as they kissed. It exposed his couch.

Thomas stepped out of the apartment. He only had to take one step to reach Alex and John's apartment. He took the place. He raised his fist, ready to knock.

The door opened.

It was John.

"You shouldn't go in there." John warned.

"Why not?" Thomas asked. How bad did he hurt Alex?

"Just don't." John sighed and walked away.

So Thomas stepped back inside his apartment, worried.

~~~

Half an hour later, Thomas heard a long scream from he hallway. He yelped on his couch, which he had fixed since he saw John. Slowly getting up, Thomas walked to the door. He opened it carefully, a bat in his hand. He took the step towards John and Alex's apartment and-

He fell over.

Thomas looked behind him to see what he tripped over.

And immediately after let out a scream just like the one Alex made. He had tripped over the dead body of Alexander Hamilton. This was his fault. Alex must've wanted him to find him. Thomas examined him, slowly. Tears rolled down his face and he didn't dare wipe them. Some of them fell on Alex's body and Thomas just cried more.

"I love you..." Thomas whispered, feeling his heart fall. It was crippling up like the skin on an elder. It was becoming an ugly thing . Without Alexander, Thomas felt useless. Alex loved him. He loved Alexander.

If only he had let it go further... Their true love.

"Good job, Thomas." Thomas picked up the note on Alex's chest and gasped, screaming again. The cut Alex made was deep and disgusting. Thomas immediately looked away and read the note, tears continuing down his face like his eyes wanted to cry a river.

"Dear Thomas..." Thomas broke down.

He got through the rest of the letter falling to his knees, grabbing Alex's lifeless hand, and crying.

"I'm sorry, Alex." With that, he called an ambulance and kissed his forehead.

Alex did not survive the stabbing he gave himself in the hallway of Park Vista Apartment Complex, building D. Thomas lived another fifty years.