Spooky [JAMILTON]

since we're getting into the spooky months ❤️❤️

~~~

"Let's go!" Phillip screamed at me, grabbing my paw. I shrieked, ruining the eyeliner I was putting on.

"Pip! Now how will I look like a werewolf without eyeliner..." I muttered to Phillip, but he ignored me. I wanted to wear eyeliner since it was Halloween and that seemed to the only night I could wear makeup without people judging me. Also, the werewolf costume would look better with eyeliner.

Phillip looked up at me, examining my face, "Papa looks beautiful. Let's go!"

I couldn't tell if he was telling the truth or not, but he was cute. I followed him out the door.

Phillip was wearing a vampire costume. Quite adorable, to say the least. He met up with his friend Crystal on the street and we began to walk. Crystal was from his class and I was supposed to watch her while her parents did work. Apparently, they owned a Walmart.

I watch the two of them bound up a driveway. Behind them another, older kid runs up. The older kid is smiling, and I don't worry at all about my Pip.

I look down at the sidewalk, thinking about my writing.

I do that often, simple things give me simple ideas for writing. As I'm thinking, I hear a man behind me.

I turn around.

The man looks like the older kid. I look back at the door to see they're still waiting for whoever's in the house to open the door.

"Chilly night." The tall man says to me.

I nod, looking up at him.

"Yeah."

He looks down at me, smiling. I smile back.

Pip and Crystal come back fast, screamimg about how much candy they got. The older kid comes back a few moments later and we all begin walking. I have a mental choice on if I should stay close to the man and talk to him or walk ahead. I don't know why, but I walk next to him.

We talk a lot that night.

I learn his name is Thomas Jefferson, and that his wife divorced him, leaving him with the kid (Brandon). He learns a lot about me too, but the night is over before anything more can get shared.

I turn to Thomas.

"Thanks for talking to me..." I mutter, "It made this night a whole lot more fun. Sorry for pestering you with so many questions. I hope you didn't feel too... attacked."

He shook his head, laughing, "Oh no. I didn't. I learned a lot about you too."

My face lights up, as an idea comes to mind.

"Hey! Wanna trade numbers?"

"Sure."

~~~

my mom put up a skeleton next to our day of the dead display (for my grandpa) and we named him carlito. wanna know his life story?

carlito's father was a mariachi player. carlito started taking mariachi classes and when he grew up, he become world famous. people came from all over to see him, taking in his breathtaking musical performances. in argentina, he met a beautiful musician and married her. he died a natural death w/ grandchildren and children. at his funeral, a mariachi played made up fully of his grandchildren.

 at his funeral, a mariachi played made up fully of his grandchildren

there he is

CARLITOOOOO ❤️❤️❤️