Mermaid [JAMILTON // ANGST]

i made that, but it sucks. my brother said it looked like a girl

a l e x

John pulled me over to the shore, beckoning at a crew of sailors. I turned to him, rolling my eyes. Why had this hoy brought me here? I cared nothing for these species.

"Why are we here?" I ask him, swimming along in the waves. The water is blue enough they cannot see us unless we go on land, which we can't do. John swam along side me for a couple dozen seconds before answering, as if the question was the most important thing ever.

"That guy is cute." He pointed to a small man in a grey coat. I rolled my eyes. We're the gayest mermaids you'll find, I can confirm that. Plus, I'm trans.

"That guy is cute, too." I point to a tall guy, sitting right next to the small guy. He's wearing a magenta coat. I like his eyes.

John stops swimming and looks at me.

"Reveal ourselves?"

"John!" I warn, laughing. We both know it's illegal to talk to humans, "We can't do that!"

For a second, John looked like he was serious about it. But then my answer must've processed through to him and he responded to me, "You're right."

We swam away and never saw the crew again, assuming they had died.

~~~

angst because the ship never sailed lmao dont get mad at me it was gonna end with alex dying if i hadnt saved his life-