Hot Chocolate [JAMILTON]

omg i said i'd come back today and then today i fell horrible and stressed again even though i thought my stress was over ugh school, why? anyway, i'm not taking a break again ❤️❤️

~~~

"It's freezing." I say to Lafayette, shoving my hands in my pockets. We're at a campground. Lafayette finished setting up his tent with Hercules, John finished his tent with James, and I was forcing Thomas to finish our tent before bedtime.

Lafayette shook his head at me, putting his arm around my shoulders in a friendly way.

"Mon ami, it's because you're forcing Thomas to do your tent. If you helped him and actually did work, maybe you wouldn't be as cold. Like me." Lafayette had a point, but not about the first things. He was pretty warm. So was Thomas. I could've stayed with Thomas if I wanted to cuddle him though.

I was here for a different reason.

"Do you have any more hot chocolate?"

Lafayette nodded his head.

"We haven't drunken anything, since we're all so warm." He goes into his tent with Hercules. I hear the frenchman giggle and a deeper, gruffier voice mumbles a sweet saying to him. The frenchman can be heard pouring a drink. I stand awkwardly until he escapes from the tent.

"Thanks." I say to him, taking the hot chocolate and leaving quick.

As I'm walking, I glance down at the hot chocolate. The hot drink and the fog emitting from it practically blinds me, but I can see two shiny things.

Lafayette put two straws in the cut.

I groan, feeling my face turn red as I arrive back to the campsite Thomas and I are sharing.

"Alex?" Thomas calls.

"Hi!" I chirp happily, setting the cup down on the campsite table next to our tent. I look around and realize Thomas finished building our tent; a blue thing with a grey opening. I smile at him, waving and blushing.

"Hey," Thomas says to me, leaning down and kissing my cheek, "What's all that for?"

"For us..." Thomas is silent for a moment, making me nervous. I speak again, beginning to rant, "But if you don't want any hot chocolate that's fine, I know you're probably warm from building that tent and I'm sorry I didn't want to assume but Lafayette put two straws in the drinks and I'm sorry-"

"Alex! Shut up." Thomas interjects, taking the cup from the table and drinking from one straw.

I take the cup from him and drink from the other, still looking up at Thomas.

"Alex?" Thomas asks.

"Mm?"

"You just drank from my straw."

Even though we are dating, I begin to blush furiously and try to place the drink back down on the table, but I miss. The drink falls from my hand onto the dirt floor and all over our shoes. I cry out, shrieking when I realize what I've done. Oh god, I hope I didn't ruin the night.

But Thomas just laughs.

I look up at him, confused.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because you're funny," Thomas says lightly, then pushes me towards the tent with him, "Come on now. Get some sleep. And take off those shoes before getting in the tent."

I oblige, taking off my shoes and scampering into the tent. Once in the tent, I hear Thomas follow.

I lay down, looking at the roof. I'm too nervous to look at him. He lays down next to me, an arm around my shoulder. Subconsciously, I curl into a ball next to his body, hugging him to my face.

"I love you." I whisper softly. Thomas listens and responds.

"I love you, too. Get some sleep, mk?"

"Ok."

We fall asleep to the sound of crickets chirping.