Robbery [JAMILTON] [not a part two, just the same name #creativity] [PART TWO]

I was in jail.

My boyfriend treated me like every other prison mate. At seven AM, he would kick on my door and tell me to wake the hell up. I would whine and say, "A bit longer." Sometimes, this resulted in me getting yelled at by Thomas. Sometimes, I cried in the corner of the cell. I tried to get Thomas's attention. He never noticed me. Not once.

"Get up!" I heard yelling and got up, scared and upset. Today was the 31st day of me being in jail. Thomas stood outside my cell. And for a second, while my eyes were still poofy and my vision was still blurry, I could see that he still loved me. For that one second, everything was fine. Until I watched everything I had seen in those eyes disappear. The cuddles we had together, the movies we had watched together, the fights we had that ended with cuddles, the crying I gave him whenever there was rain... It was all gone. In that one moment. It was torn apart like a piece of wet paper; easy to break. Easy to tear.

"I'm up, Thomas." I responded, standing up. He opened my cell and I followed him with handcuffs on to the cafeteria.

Once in the cafeteria, Thomas let me go and I slowly sat down.

"Eat." He commanded.

"I'd rather die."

Someone slapped a lunch tray in front of me. I didn't know if it was Thomas or not, I couldn't tell. I just knew I didn't want any freaking food.

~~~

Later that day, while crying into my thin sheets, Thomas walked up to my cell. I looked up, sadly. His eyes had that same look that they possessed that morning. But this time the look didn't disappear. He looked at me with so much love that I thought his eyes were going to drill a hole in the cell bars.

"What do you want?" I snapped harshly.

"Shut up, Alex." He responded and pulled out a key.

It must've been dinnertime or freetime. I stood up and walked over to the door of the cell. When it swung open, I turned around to handcuffed by my "boyfriend." (me editing; i mean that sounds pretty k i n k y. i'm sorry.)

"Come here." He grabbed my arm and lead me to a door. I knew this door. All the police went through these doors to come to work and to leave work every day. It probably lead to a front room, where you could walk out. As we walked in, Thomas took out his gun and shoot down police officers like we were in a Marvel movie and shooting people down was that easy. (me editing; WHAT WAS I THINKING WHEN I WROTE THIS. OK. IM SORRY FOR SO MANY NOTES, BUT WOW. i'm keeping it tho ._.)

"What the hell, Tommy?" I asked, assuming I could call him Tommy again.

"We're running away from this hellhole, Lexi," I smiled at the name, "Come on." His hand was still on my arm as we sprinted out of the police office and into the nearby woods. The woods lead, eventually, to another town if you went north. Going south or west would mean going back to our town. Going east would lead us to a deserted beach.

We ran and ran and ran and ran. I got tired and bored, but I kept running. None of us said anything until we reached the empty beach. Thomas collapsed onto the sand and I collapsed next to him. The day was so... weird. First, I had thought Thomas hadn't cared about me. Now here we were. We had run away from the agonizing life we were living before.

I curled into Thomas, my head on his chest. He sat up and pulled me onto his lap. I smiled.

"I love you, Lexi." He grabbed my face and pulled me closer enough our lips were merely an inch away.

"I love you more." I answered, kissing him.

Once he pulled away, I realized I was crying.

"Aww, Lexi. Why're you crying?" Thomas looked at me.

"I thought you hated me in... prison." I hated saying that I was in prison.

"Alex, I never hated you. C'mon, get up." I stood up and he stood up after me. He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me closer. I wrapped my hands around his neck. And there we were.

Dancing on the beach. The moonlight giving us the light we needed to sway to the music in our heads. Every so often, one of us would laugh out of excitement. Me, in my orange jumpsuit. And Thomas, in his police uniform. Everything was so perfect.

Everything was so perfect.

I loved it.

I loved Thomas.

~~~
i almost stopped them dancing to put "PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM!" ._. i have no mercy