Meeting [JAMILTON] [not a part two, just the same name #creativity]

thomas's dad is alive now and didn't die when he was fourteen, deal with it - homophobic mentions - cursing
"So, I'm meeting your parents today..." Alex's voice trailed off as he stepped out of the warm bed. Behind him, Thomas nodded. Alex knew Thomas probably wasn't paying full attention, as he wasn't full awake.

"Yup..." Thomas answered.

"Will they even like me?" Alex asked, sighing as he slipped on a formal button-up white shirt.

"I'm sure they will, hun..." Thomas answered, yawning and stretching as he got up. He watched his boyfriend run around their bedroom, looking for something, anything formal.

"Didn't you say they were homophobic?" Alex asked, turning to look at Thomas for the first time, averting his eyes from the pants that hung before him.

"I did say that. I never said they couldn't change their mind, Lexi... You're cute enough to change anyone's mind." He stepped out of bed, walking over to Alex and wrapping his arms around him, a messy smile on his face.

"Okay..." Alex sighed again, grabbing a pair of formal black pants, a black jacket, and a tie. He pulled Thomas away from him and walked to their bathroom, which was connected to the small bedroom they shared.

Inside, he changed and got ready.

Outside, Thomas did the same.

Inside, Alex was worried and scared. His parents weren't homophobic, but his dad was a jerk. He honestly wasn't sure if his dad was actually alive or not, but his mother was definitely dead. What if Thomas's parents were homophobic? What if they forced Thomas to stay away from him? As it was, they had thought Thomas was going to bring a girl to the brunch they had planned.

Outside, Thomas was not worried, nor was he scared. He knew he could change his mother and father's mind about the community he belonged to... somehow. He hoped he could do this and gave a lot of his hope on that. If that didn't work, he would still contact Alex. They could stop seeing him, but they couldn't stop true love.

"Thomas," Alex stepped out of the bathroom, wearing a suit, "I'm ready. Let's go."

~~~

The pair slipped out of Alex's Toyota, looking up at the arranged restraunt. It was an all-day restraunt that looked old, but classy. Alex and Thomas had definitely chosen the right attire for the place's atmosphere. When they stepped inside, they realized how big it was, too. If it was already scary enough trying to find Thomas's parents, it had just become worse.

Sensing his boyfriend's nerve, Thomas grabbed Alex's hand and held it in his own, approaching the counter with a waiter on the other side.

"Excuse me... Are Jane and Peter Jefferson already seated?" He asked the waiter, nervousness coating his usual flow of words.

"Yup. They should be near the front, I believe down there." The waiter pointed to the let row of seats.

Thomas nodded, muttered a thanks, and slowly walked into the row of seats.

Walking through a row of seats had never been more terrifying. Thomas couldn't see his parents and assumed they were around the corner. They could probably see him because of his height and hair. If they wanted to see the "girl" he brought, they would have to wait until they turned the corner.

So, right before turning the corner, Thomas turned to Alex and smiled.

"It's okay." He whispered, kissing Alex's lips. When he pulled away, Alex was smiling and his hand wasn't as slick with sweat anymore.

"Okay..."

With that, the couple walked around the corner.

~~~

Mother led me back to my room, pressing her hands against my ears. I was annoyed, I wanted to hear what was going on. Before she had put her hands over my ear, all I could hear was my father ranting about people in the LGBT community. I didn't know what that was. I was curious.

Finally, once the door was shut and I was sitting on my bed, she took her hands off my ear.

"What's wrong?" I ask, noticing her look of worry.

"Nothing. I just... don't want you to know about those people yet." She said the word 'people' like it was the worst thing in existence. I didn't understand, but I nodded anyway.

"Okay."

~~~
t h o m a s

The memory of that flashed back to me as I was met with my mom and dad's look of disbelief.

"I thought this was a phase..." My dad mumbled to me as Alex and I slid into the seat.

"Well it wasn't, Peter. Get over it, old man." I mumbled back. Alex was still holding my hand and was now looking down. He probably heard my dad.

Speaking of my dad, he obnoxiously cleared his throat.

"Jane, what do you think of this?"

"I think you should stop making a big deal of it. Our son is who he wants to be, Peter." She whispered, grinning at me. I grinned back, happy and proud to be her son.

"Excuse me?" My dad yelled. His voice got an odd voice crack, the kind Alex got when he was sad. I almost laughed.

"If you're not okay with it, leave." Alex finally spoke up, looking up. Peter looked at him, edged closer to me, and slapped my boyfriend on the face. I gasped. So did Alex.

"Maybe I will." He whispered, sliding out of the seat and storming away.

Jane looked at Alex and I.

"I'm sorry, Thomas." She said simply, taking my hand.

I took Alex's face in my hands and kissed his cheek where Peter had hit it. He whimpered a bit, but not loud enough so my mom could hear.

When he calmed down, I smiled at my mom.

"We never needed that bitch anyway."

~~~
what did i just write lol
no but i hate everyone in the jefferson family even jefferson except i love the plsy Jefferson cause he wasnt as bad- well he was still bad but WHO CARES OKAY HE WASNT AS BAD.

Anyway

YAY FIRST 1000 WORD CHAPTER IVE WRITTEN FOR A WHILEEE