Lunchtime [JAMILTON]

"I'm so hungry..." Hercules mumbles under his breath, continuing to take notes on the Powerpoint that was being presented in front of our eyes. I nodded my head, taking a note, and then groaning quietly.

"Right? This is torture, anyway. We have to wait practically six hours before lunch-- no breaks either." I nod sickened at the education system in America, then I go back to taking notes. I think Hercules turns to talk to Lafayette, but I'm not sure.

"I'm going to sleep." I hear a little while later. I look up, seeing John's head resting on Peggy's shoulder in front of me. She lays her head on top of his, taking notes on both their papers. It makes me miss Thomas, but eventally the lunch bell will ring... Eventually...

"Thank you for listening." The teacher ends the Powerpoint as we all cheer inside of our heads. Her words were going into one of my ears and out of my hand, being written down on the paper. I don't actually even remember what the Powerpoint was about.

We begin to work on individual projects, although the class noise is loud and it's obvious we aren't only working alone.

However, I am. No one really walks to me unless I talk to them first, and although I have quite a large group of friends, none us of really talk to each other during projects.

Just as I'm about to get up and die, the bell rings. Surprised, it seems the entire class stands up. I willingly get up, looking around frantically. School has been going on for a week, but I don't know the teacher's name. She dismisses us all with a wave of her hand.

The entire class is gone from the room in a matter of only a few seconds.

"Thomas." I whisper, making my way through the halls to the cafeteria. Someone throws the doors open, someone else pushes them against the wall so they stick. The rest of the crowd walks in. I wave through the crowd. Being able to weave through the crowd is a side effect of being small.

I make it to the place I sit every day, where John is already.

"Hey." I say to him.

"What's up, homie?" He smiles, "Peggy's getting my lunch. Thomas is getting yours?"

"Yup. For some reason, Lafayette and Hercules like the lunch line." I shake my head, laughing. John shrugs his shoulders and we wait for our friends.

A few minutes of silence pass before John points behind me, "Stand up, turn around, and don't scream. Please." I giggle, rolling my eyes and turning around. Screaming, I run to Thomas and hug him.

"Alex! Get off, I'll drop the food." Thomas screams, balancing himself and catching with his elbows. I frown up at him, slowly letting go and taking both lunch trays back to the table. Then, I get to him and hug him again.

"You okay?" He asks as I cling to him throughout the entire lunch hour.

"I'm fine now."

He pats my head, nodding.

~~~

sorry for the inactivity