Mermaid [JAMILTON // FLUFF]

guess who it's requested by- 

~~~

n o b o d y

Dear Diary,

I stayed up all night, watching the weather. Every hour or so, a new person would come and talk to me a bit before deciding to sleep. Somehow, I manage to man the whole ship at night while the crew sleeps.

The weather got worse. Lafayette, my assistant, got his weather predictions right. The crew is keeping the ship up right now, as I'm in my room writing this. I shall keep you in a box, as to not get you wet. My thoughts are key and if I end up not surviving I need to leave a

The boat rocked again and Thomas dropped his pen. It made a large line next to the 'a.' Unwillingly, Thomas decided to go help his crew.

~~~

"What's going on here?" Thomas yelled, looking around at his crew. The boat had been rocking more and the sides touched the ocean more. The rain hit harder and the waves were bigger. The crew was tired, even Lafayette.

"It's over." Someone yelled to Thomas, their voice quivering.

"Don't be such a pessimist!" Thomas yelled back, kind of annoyed but also trying his best to stay positive.

"It's true!" Called another. This time, Thomas recognized the voice. He turned behind him to see Lafayette keeping the sails up, "I can't do this for much longer. No one will be able to take my place. We're done for, Thomas"

"Don't speak of such stupidity!" Thomas said, hopeful, "We're gonna live, 'ight?

"'Ight!" The crew called back. 

Lafayette let go of the sails, cursing at his actions and reaching for the ropes again, but it was too late. The left side of the boat hit the water. Every person on that boat felt the water on their boots or shoes as it began to sink very fast.

~~~

a l e x

I awoke to the sound of fish swimming outside my window. I breathe in the fresh water and hop out of my fish bed. 

"Alexandra!" My dad yells at me. I wince at the name, tugging on my sea shell bra. I long to take it off one day and be fully identified as a boy. Or man. Either one sounds like a great name that I need to be called.

"Coming!" I call back to him. Then, I walk to my dresser and pull over a swim shirt to hide the cuts on my arms. He doesn't need to know.

I open my door and let more fresh water into my room. I swim to the kitchen.

~~~

"Alex!" John kicks the front door with his fin. I sigh, pushing my chair back and swimming to the door. As I do this, I pass my dad. He looks like every other old merman; wrinkly with a white beard and bald head. As I pass him, he looks up with a questioning look.

"Who's Alex?" He yells in his gruff voice.

"N-No one. I make my friends call me that, it's easier." I mutter to him and open the door. John floats in and upon seeing my dad, gives me an apologetic look. I nod, showing I accept it. We don't exchange words, but John leaves the house and I follow. 

He takes me out of the town, and for a second I'm worried. The next second, I do not care.

When we reach the end of the boundaries, he points up. I'm met with a sinking ship.

"Look!" John says, like death is the best thing since being a transgender merman.

"What?" I ask, not understanding.