Playground [JAMILTON]

not playground fortnite, i'm talking l i t e r a l playgrounds this time.

do you remember those playgrounds that had the blue telephones? like, you could say something on one side and the other person would hear on the other?

this isinspired by a thomas sanders vine

~~~

"Come on, Phillip." I say to my son, taking his hand and leading him to the playground. Phillip kept holding onto me though and wouldn't let go, which I found slightly worrying. Phillip had always been shy, but it worried me that he was too shy to even go on a playground.

"Papa?" He looks up at me.

"Yes?" I ask, looking down. His eyes are so pretty, I love his face so much.

"What's that?" He points to one of those blue playground telephones. I remember those from when I lived on Nevis. I smile, fond memories flowing into my head of a happy, childish me. I wish I was still that me. I wish James never-

"Papa!" Phillip tugs on my arm and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Oh!" I exclaim, "Sorry..." Silence, "Um, that is a blue playground telephone. Say something on one side and it comes out the other." Phillip nods, walking over to it. He takes me with him since he's still tightly holding onto my hand like his life depends on it.

"Hello?" Phillip says into the phone. I stand up straight and am surprised as hell to see another guy standing on the other side of the playground. He's sketching on a bench as a girl, around kindergarten age, jumps around on the playground in front of him. He definitely heard Phillip, because he stands up and places the sketchbook down.

Dang, he's small.

Anyway, the small bean man goes to the blue telephone and talks.

"Hi."

Phillip gasps. He's so small, he can't see the other side of the playground.

Leaning in, he speaks again, "I'm Phillip! How are you?" I smile. There's my adorable little boy.

"I'm Alex," The man replies. From here, I can see the grin growing on his face, "I'm great today! How are you?"

Phillip nods, looking back at me. I nod at him, as if to signify that he should answer.

"I'm great, too! But my papa looks sad."

It is then that Alex looks up and finally notices me. I wave shyly and he waves shyly back. God, Alex is adorable.

Alex leans down, going back to talking through the phone, "Well, maybe you should let him talk to me, eh?"

"Okay!" Phillip replies happily, stepping away from the telephone. I replace his place next to the telephone, grinning like someone just told me the best joke ever.

"Hi. I'm Thomas." I say through the phone.

"Hi. I'm Alex." He responds.

"I know."

"I know too."

God, I'm so bad at being social.

"So, uh-"

"I like your hair."

"I like your hair."

"I like your eyes."

"I like your eyes."

"I like Starbucks."

"I like Starkbucks."

"Wanna go to..." He pauses, "Starbucks?"

"Let's go to Starbucks."

~timeskip a few years~

Alexander is laying in my lap, his legs tangled up in mine, and his hair in my face. I can hear the movie we're watching, but I can't see it because of his adorable frizzy hair. I call him adorable everyday. Calling him adorable is like a drug. It's so addicting and feels so right.

"Thomas?" He's looking at me now, his hair out of my face.

"Yes?" I ask softly, kissing him even though he didn't ask for a kiss. I know it's consensual because he kisses back gladly, slipping out a giggle before his face turns all serious.

"Why are their cuts on your legs?" He gestures to my thighs.

Oh shit. He wasn't suppoused to see that. That was the entire reason they're on my thighs.

"Just... scratches?"

"Thomas," He deadpans, cupping my face, "Are you okay?"

"I think."

He sighs, rubbing tears off my face and kisses me gently, "We'll talk about this later. Not while Phillip is asleep next to us."

I nod, looking away to glance at Phillip. Gosh, he's so cute. I'm so happy I found Alex and Phillip that day I was forced to watch my neice in the park.

I don't really want to talk about my cutting with Alexander, so I mumble a goodnight. He looks at me, sighing. Heh, he's cute.

"Whatever. Not like I actually love your presence and would hate to have you not awake for this movie." He mumbles, moving his position in my lap.

"Exactly!" I answer.

"Hmph." Alex only groans in response, but I can't hear much. All I can hear is the sweet release of sleep.

Goodnight.