Falling Into Place

Ch.55

Another emergency was happening. At least that's what Hoseok texted you. He said it was extremely important and you had to hurry. Then lots of exclamation points and emojis for emphasis. Though you doubted someone was dying, you met up with him like he requested. School had just ended and he wanted you to meet up with him after school in the second year building. As soon as you got there, you were panting heavily like last time. He seemed nervous though. When he greeted you, it wasn't as bubbly as usual. Furrowing your brows, you followed him out of the building. There were no deals going on today. Everyone had the day off to do whatever they wanted. Especially since Namjoon was still thinking about the future of the gang.

The two of you met him in the hallway. Most of the members were going to the warehouse anyway. Namjoon on the other hand said that if you guys needed him, he'd be at home. Hoseok wished him luck on figuring out this problem for the gang. You made sure to give Namjoon a hug to let him know it'll be okay. Something to get his dimples showing again. Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows and you playfully smacked his arm. After that, the two of you continued on this emergency call. Hoseok was letting himself become nervous again. He wasn't telling you what was going on. That only passed the feeling onto you. Where was he taking you?

First you guys were walking out of school and then waited at a bus stop. How far was the emergency location? It made you curious, but also a little anxious. What if this is a real emergency? That didn't sound like fun. The bus came by and Hoseok paid for your fare. He refused to take your money just like Namjoon. These boys don't understand that you just want to be kind! Hoseok didn't say much during the whole bus ride. From the looks of it, it looked like the bus was going to take you to another town. Hoseok stood up for the last stop before going to the next town over. You followed him out and looked around as the bus left.

"Where are we? I mean, I know where we are but...why?" You asked as Hoseok shook his hands.

"I'm nervous. But excited. AAH!" Hoseok randomly shouted. "You know?"

"I could if you would just tell me." You sighed.

"I haven't told you?" Hoseok raised a brow to get a head shake from you. "Oops."

"What's the reason?" You walked closer to him.

"Well, you know how I want to be a hair dresser?" Hoseok tilted his head. "Namjoon's Mom hooked me up with a trial. Sort of. I'm going to show her hair dresser friend what I'm capable of and I needed you to come for emotional support."

"Aw, I'll gladly support you!" You hugged the red head. "I'm sure you'll show her just how talented you are!"

"I also needed someone with hair. You don't mind if I cut your hair a bit, do you?" Hoseok questioned as you pulled away with a slightly less happy expression.

"Hoseok..." You narrowed your eyes on him.

"Just a trim?" He gave you a grin. D*mn it. There was nothing wrong with a trim, but you won't let him cut too much. Or leave you with a wild hair color. None of that.

"Why not?" You gave in. Hoseok cheered and threw his hands in the air. He didn't care at the fact that others were walking past him. They eyed him weirdly so you decided to start cheering out loud with him. The two of you were bouncing around, eventually hugging each other and getting strange looks together.

Soon the two of you calmed down from that. The both of you laughed like nothing had happened. People could stare all they want. They're missing out on what it means to have a great friendship like this. Though Hoseok typically tried to show everyone a happier side of himself for others, you're glad he trusted you enough to show you a different side. One where he's nervous and not as confident. He didn't want to tell Namjoon his worries since the boy was already working himself up over the gang. Hoseok cared about everyone to the point where he put their feelings in front of his own. It makes him a great friend, but you also wanted him to know that it's okay to take care of himself. Sometimes you just need to help yourself.