Neighbors

Ch.13

The sun was rising higher in the sky as the afternoon came. Clouds were spread across the sky, not greying the scenery down below. The air was warm in the little shop you were currently at. Servers were smiling, not many people were inside, and a lot of the colors inside the place were red. Namjoon had invited you to a porridge restaurant to eat. His mother kindly made breakfast for you, so you ate with the Kim's in the morning. Since she was so thoughtful, you washed the dishes for her. She was really impressed and kept muttering things to Namjoon. By the time the two of you were alone, his face was bright pink.

He made sure to take you out of the house to avoid his Mom's comments. In your opinion, he had a really nice Mom and his home was enjoyable too. It was hard to believe he was a gang member. It made you wonder if his mother was aware of that. There was no way you'd tell her or even ask. That's a horrible idea. The night was calm, and you slept well. Hyosung never called you or texted you. It left you a little upset that she didn't do much to get you to come back. Luckily, Namjoon cheered you up by taking you around town. It took your mind off things. There was no school today so the two of you were free to do whatever.

That's how you were in this porridge shop with him. Apparently, he really liked the food here, so he brought you by. A server in a red apron came by with two hot bowls of porridge. She lightly set them down in front of the two of you before bowing, saying 'enjoy your meal' and walking off. Namjoon excitedly began to eat his bowl. Despite it being hot, he continued to eat. Giggling at how hungry he was, you thanked him for the meal and began to eat yours. Namjoon paid for the food even though you offered to pay. He said he was going to treat you since he was older. Either way, you were grateful for the food.

The both of you ate calmly and talked about school. Namjoon made sure that you were doing well in school. Ever since you've been hanging out with them at the warehouse, you've been doing your homework later. The boys slack on their school work because they don't care or just because they don't have the time. Now that you come home late, you rush through homework. It's hard to care about homework once you've been messing around all day with the first years. The older male told you to keep working hard despite SuChin not being the greatest school. You nodded your head and decided to ask him about his grades. He had a bunch of awards hung around his house.

"What about your grades?" You asked before eating a spoonful.

"...eh, could be better." Namjoon shrugged. "They're good I guess."

"You guess? I saw a lot of awards," You muttered to hear him chuckle.

"Those are old." He shook his head. "It doesn't matter anymore."

"But you were sa—" You frowned.

"I want you to do good. You're not one of 'us' if you get what I mean." Namjoon lowered his voice, his eyes shifting around the shop. No one was hearing the conversation between the two of you. Letting out a sigh, you nodded.

The two of you began eating again. You wondered if Namjoon being in a gang was the main reason he hasn't put his full potential into school. Or he stopped caring. His mother seemed to enjoy his good characteristics and praised him on them, but never pressured him to do better. That was nice. Soon, the both of you finished your meals and stared at the empty bowls. You were incredibly full, and you could see why Namjoon really liked this place. The food wasn't too expensive, and they really knew how to fill you up. Before you could get out of your seat, Namjoon's phone began ringing. He pulled it out and made it a video conversation. Who was it?

"Hey Hoseok." Namjoon smiled at his best friend. You couldn't see what Hoseok was doing, but you could imagine by his voice. He was probably waving at Namjoon with a lot of enthusiasm.