New School

Ch.1

No one likes to switch schools. Especially when you had just started high school where your parents had lived. The thing was, you wanted to grow independent from them. They allowed you to live in a small apartment with your older sibling, but you had to continue school. The place they lived at wasn't necessarily the safest part of town. It almost made you rethink your decision, especially since the high school didn't have the highest graduation rate. As long as you attended enough school days, you could pass. You're a 1st year entering SuChin high school a few months in. Your sibling had promised to take well care of you, but they were rarely ever at the apartment. They were constantly working and studying at their university's library.

Though most people don't like to switch schools, you were kind of excited. Not for the chance of meeting scary students, but just being a new setting. Your parents weren't sure at first to let you go off so soon. Eventually, they thought it would be better for you to grow as a person. That's where you are now. Sliding your foot into your outdoor shoes, you tapped them lightly on the ground to make them more comfortable. Today was the day. First day at SuChin! Opening the front door took a bit of force. It could sometimes get stuck, but that's okay. You made sure to lock the door behind you before rushing down the narrow stairs of the apartment.

The street to your high school was a low grade down. Just walking past the tightly packed cars was a bit worrying. It felt like they'd all start rolling forward at any second. Gripping the straps of your backpack, you continued on your way. The buildings had cracks on them, the streets were small, and you couldn't help but glance over your shoulder a few times. It seems like something you'll have to grow accustom to. School wasn't that far away so that was good. It made you feel a little better about having to walk to school every day.

When you arrived at the school, you pulled out the schedule they had sent you previously. It was all the classes you would be taking here. Your classroom was D-1 and the first subject was mathematics. How fun. Folding up the paper, you made your way to the classroom after asking a few people for directions. Some were already staring as you looked around. The 'new girl' smell must be strong on you. It took you a while to find your homeroom, but you were here now! You were about to step in until a voice behind you caught your attention.

"Kwon (F/n)?" A male voice asked. Turning around to face them, they were a lot older than you were expecting. You figured that they would be your teacher after putting two and two together.

"Hello. Yes, that's me." You bowed your head.

"Great. You'll be taking the seat behind that gentleman over there in the last row. Second seat from the left," He said with a small smile. "I'm Mr. Pyo."

"Thank you, Mr. Pyo-nim." You nodded and walked over to where he had directed you. Once you stepped into the classroom, you took everything in quickly. Students had there things everywhere and didn't keep their workspace tidy. Desks were huddled and moved from their original spaces. It almost felt unbelievable.

Setting your backpack on the hook of your desk, you sat down slowly. The classroom looked like a mess. You continued to eye the place with a raised brow of disbelief. It was puzzling how authority here wasn't that strong. The two boys in front of you were talking loudly, specifically one that had his hair dyed silver. Wasn't that against the dress code? It felt like you were the only one wearing your uniform correctly. Your hair was tied back into a ponytail and you wore absolutely no makeup like your last school had made you do it. No one in here cared. It was strange.

"Oh, are you new?" The male was facing you now. He was grinning at you while his friend remained quiet. His brunette friend was quite attractive that you were almost at a loss for words. "I'm Kim Taehyung."