Meet The Parents

Ch.28

It's embarrassing how long you've been standing in front of your mirror. Suddenly all the good clothes in your closet weren't good enough. Seokjin told you to dress nice, but what does that even mean? Hoseok's parents were starting to become terrifying creatures from the way everyone talked about them. Smoothening out the current navy-blue dress you wore, you liked that it was modest. It was classy too, but what if it wasn't enough? Or was it too much? For a long time, you wondered if just wearing your uniform would do you good. That was a stupid thought. All you had to do was look like a responsible friend of Hoseok's. That was your job and it was making you panic more than it should.

So far you've only met Namjoon's Mom. Looks like Hoseok's parents will get added to the list of getting to know their families. Namjoon was the only member that didn't seem to have anything against his parents. Well, you knew he loved his Mom. Whatever happened to his Dad, you'll most likely not know any time soon. Now you were actually making efforts not to be nosey. Besides, things seemed to be working out without you trying to fix it. Technically you have to fix this problem, but Hoseok specifically asked you to so it doesn't count! Sighing in frustration, you tossed all the clothes on your bed into the closet. You'll clean that later. The navy-blue dress has finally won after changing so much.

Soft knocks hit the front door. Seokjin is here to pick you up. Opening your bedroom door, you saw your sister run out of her room. Stunned by her speed, you chased after her towards the front door. She so badly wanted to open the front door, but you were clawing at her. How this sounded to Seokjin, it probably didn't make him want to stay. Your fingers were almost entering Unnie's mouth as you pulled her head back. She tried pushing your jaw back while her legs tried making their way to the knob. That's when she bit your finger, making you drop her body onto the floor. So rude! Holding your finger, you watched that insane female crawl to the door and open it wide.

"Aha! I knew it!" Unnie grinned like a crazy person to see Seokjin standing there in a black suit. A light pink spread across your cheeks as he stood there. He looked really good like in a suit. Seokjin was tall, slender, and even had broad shoulders. Then he also had stunning visuals. It always left you shocked that he hasn't been plucked by an agent already. "(F/n)'s been getting ready for an hour and now I can see why. You've confirmed my suspicions."

"It's not a date if that's what you're thinking." You groaned, grabbing your purse as you walk to Seokjin's side. Unnie knitted her brows together as her eyes constantly switched between you and the male.

"Are you sure? Why's he in a suit then? How come you're dressed all nice too?" Unnie eyed the smiling third year suspiciously. Soon her cheeks were pink too when Seokjin chuckled lightly at her protective behavior.

"Don't worry, Noona. (F/n) and I just have business meeting two people that have the potential to change a lot in our lives." Seokjin shrugged, being painfully vague.

"I'm not your noona! Just call me Sunbae-nim." Unnie huffed as you pinched the bridge of your nose. "Two people, huh?...Wait! Oh my god, (F/n) you're meeting his parents! I didn't know it was that serious!" She started to squeal in excitement as you shook your head violently.

"No! I'm not meeting his parents!" You smacked her arm. "But I am meeting parents."

"What?" Unnie was lost before turning to Seokjin. "Are you adopted?"

"I wish." Seokjin scoffed, looking away from your sister. That didn't clear up her confusion and only made you sigh. Too much drama with parents that you couldn't take this anymore. The both of you needed to meet Hoseok's parents before sun down. Having this conversation with your sister has been entertaining, but time consuming. Holding onto Seokjin's arms, you tugged him back.