Prologue

Jimin's P.O.V.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Stepping into the cold warehouse, I subconsciously felt myself step closer to Jungkook as we trailed behind Taehyung. My heart was having trouble beating in this eerie location. The side of the city we live in was not the safest to begin with. I was used to growing up hearing the wailing of police sirens, violent shouting in the streets past midnight, and running home before sundown or else. It's never been my intention to get involved in this type of stuff, but Taehyung and Jungkook really wanted me to join. We're all first years at SuChin high school and we all met at orientation. Ever since that day we've become friends and share English class together. After a while, I knew Taehyung had involved himself in something that wasn't legal. Then one day he asked us to join the gang he had entered in.

"The guys are really cool! They all look out for each other and it's really fun," Taehyung said with a grin. He was sitting backwards in his seat, talking to the both of us before class started.

"I don't know...why are you even in it?" I asked to see him shrug.

"We've all got our reasons." He looked at Jungkook who seemed to be deep in thought. We stared at him silently before he began nodding with a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm up for it. I need something new." Jungkook immediately high fived Taehyung to my dismay. This didn't sound like a good idea at all.

"Jeon Jungkook!" I frowned. I was technically older than all of them despite being in the same grade. They knew I didn't approve, but they sadly didn't care.

"You're no fun, Hyung." Jungkook tossed a mechanical pencil in the air. "Come on. Taehyung says it's fun."

"Thank you! Besides, Jimin, we never get caught. We're smart about things, but we need more people if we want to be more creative." Taehyung lowered his voice before speaking again, "After school, follow me."

"You're coming!" Jungkook grinned as Taehyung nodded enthusiastically. I didn't disagree any further than that. They were my friends, so I trusted them, but I still wasn't too keen on the idea.

When the school day ended, and it came time to follow Taehyung, I was nervous to no end. I wanted to trust him, but he never mentioned where we were going. The main thing that created my fear about joining the gang was the possibility of it messing up my chances to become a dancer. Not that I had any chances. Classes costed money and I have none of that. My parents can't afford it and it's just a stupid dream I have anyway. It's embarrassing to dance in public, but I felt like placing myself in an environment where everyone is there to learn dance is meant for me. Not that Jungkook or Taehyung will ever know. No one will know. It's stupid. I'm not even that good.

"Where are we going?" I whined as we followed Taehyung down the train tracks.

"Somewhere!" He laughed. That's the same answer he's been giving me during this whole time.

"Don't worry, Jimin-a. You know this side of the city. We're heading toward the abandoned old places," Jungkook said while balancing himself on one of the rails, placing one foot in front of the other with ease.

"Yeah..." I sighed with no satisfaction. I was able to figure that much out all on my own, but I needed more information. Taehyung kept walking happily, humming a tune as the gravel crunched beneath his feet.

The walk took almost half an hour and that led us all to the warehouse. We all stood in front of the haunting building. It left a shiver running down my spine as I stared at it. The windows looked like empty cold eyes, the mouth being the large door frame that felt like a portal into darkness. There was a lot of trash around the site and construction supplies that were never used. Taehyung gave us a giant smile, showing me the happy memories he's must have formed at this place. It was the exact opposite of how I was feeling. I never imagined a horrifying place could be someone's salvation.