Chapter 19

Laura's POV: Since our engagement party is on Saturday I and Ross decided to finish buying the things we need. Alongside Riker. We head into Target and go to the decoration section. I grab a white and silver party pack to go along with while plates and silver cups and lastly spoons and forks. I take out the list to see we have all things set. "Okay, I think we got everything. What are you doing?" I chuckle as I see Ross playing around with toy spider-man glasses. "Sick! These are limited edition. Sorry, what did you say Laur?" I shake my head. "Oh, nothing you know. Let's just go." I tugged his arm. "Hold on." He slides the glasses up on his head and snaps a shot. He's so childish but gives not care. One of the things I love about him. "Pft! And you are the guy I'm marrying." I mocked he playfully rolls his eyes. " And you are my bride to be." He leans in for a quick peek. As his phone rings. "It's probably Rieker looking for us. Tell him we're on our way to check out and to meet us there." I recalled as he nods and picks it up. "Laur... I don't think he can." He hands me his phone. As I see the most shocking thing ever. It was Riker in the parking lot bloody, bruised with a bullet straight on his heart. "Holy Shit! We need to go." We leave the cart and head out to see the ambulance already gone. "Nothing, here to see kids go home." the security guard sticky stated. "Who you calling a kid you punk! We're engaged FYI. And that's my fucking brother in that ambulance. But you wouldn't know that now would you?" The officer gives me a look. As Ross gets closer to his face. I turn him to face me. "Ross! This is not helping anything. You to relax and-" "Relax? Sure I can relax after my bother got almost shot to death. Hell, I don't even know if he's okay. Why are you so calm about this you should be concern to since he's practically your family now." "That's not my point I-" "Well then what is? What is Laura? You know what maybe you should just go!" I grab his hand and cupped his face. "Ross, You don't mean that. Look at me Ross. Look at me." He deeply sighs and looks straight into my eyes. "I'm not just going to leave you. I'm tired of always running away when things get tough. Your always here for me when ever I'm hurt. Now let me to do my part as your future to wife. To be here for you. Okay?" He slowly lifts his fist. I close my eyes and shiver for a sec. Then realize that it's Ross. He will never do such a thing to me. "Did you think I was going to... Oh, Laur I would never. Come here." I burry my head into his chest as he kissed my forehead. I tightened my arms around his neck as he pulls me closer. "I know. I know you wouldn't. I love you Ross so much. We will get through this together. I promise." I whisper into his ear as he spins me around. "You kids are sweet and all but we really need you to leave." The officer commands. "Officer do you know which hospital the ambulance went to?"  Ross asks a little more culm then before.  "Four block down and take a right."  he responds. Yes!! We head to the car and drive down to the hospital.