Chapter 12:feelings.

One year latter....
AN:Just to let you guys know the last chapter I wrote where she was writing the letter it was New Years night.So this story jumps to the year 2020.So they are both mostly adults now.💗
------------------------------------------
Ross's POV:It's been a year  and we are no where near finding her.Where could she have gone?
Why did she just leave without an explanation? I'm her boyfriend I have the right to know! A million questions and thoughts go through my head.I just want her back with me where she's safe.
My thoughts get lost when I hear Rydel call my name "Ross! You have a package!" Package? It might be from Laura! I sprint down the stairs and go to the living where I see Rydel holding the box I grab it for her hands and open it with a pair of scissors for the table.It looks really old and abused

I finally open it and see a locket but not just any locket hers.It was in a zip block bag then a letter behind it saying my name.I take the letter and open it and read it.
--------------------------------
Dear,Ross I just wanted you to know that I'm somewhere safe so you can stop looking for me.Their is no easy way for me to say this but I'm breaking up with you.You are a really great guy and I loved you with all my heart.But you deserve so much more not someone like me.You deserve someone who loves you right not the way I did cause it wasn't enough and I'm sorry about that.Sorry for being a burden in your life when you already moved on to someone else.I shouldn't of been a distraction and I'm sorry again.Goodbye.
-Laura
----------------------------------------------
She's not coming back.I feel a tear land on the paper.Rydel rubs my back "You okay?" I shake my head and crumple the pice of paper and throw it on the floor."She's gone Rydel.She broke up with me." I show her the locket "Oh,Ross I'm so sorry." she hugs me I hug her back
"I can't believe she would do this to me.Was I not enough?" I put my head in my hands "I can't answer that Ross only her." Says Rydel and shrugs "I just wish I knew why she's doing this.This isn't like her." I sit back on the couch and sigh what is my life.Just then the door bell rang I open it to see Vanessa."Hey,Ross. Can I come in?" I give her space to come in and close the door "Hey,Vanessa! What brings you here?"Rydel asks her "Their is something I want to tell the both of you it's about Laura."My heart breaks a little at hearing her name "You don't have to tell me she already did it her self." I say showing her the letter and her necklace she takes the letter and reads it "No...This isn't Laura.

She called me the night after we found out she was missing.She said I'm sorry I couldn't be what you wanted me to..She said I love you and tell mom and dad that to.But most of all tell Ross I love him with all my heart and that they forced me to break up with him." My eyes  go wide open "They"? Who's "They"?" she shrugs and let's some tears out "I don't know.

Which is why I'm so scared.She's out their by herself with god knows who."Rydel rubs her back "Don't worry,Ness we will find her." Delly tells her she nods wiping her tears "So she didn't break up with me. That letter was just a cover up.
We need to find out who's "They"."I got an idea I know what kind of phone Laura used it was a pay phone from somewhere in Arizona." Vanessa says I sigh
"Great.Then let's go to Arizona."

I say "it's not that easy Ross.That was like a year ago she could be anywhere." Vanessa says "I guess all we do now is sit and wait for answers from the police station." Rydel points out "No! I'm not giving up.Its my girl we are talking about here and I'm not giving up on her.I'm going to the police station."

Vanessa speaks up "Ross I know this is hard for you.It's hard for me to but we can't just go down to the police station demanding answers!" I shake my head "Are you even hearing yourself right now your her sister!"

Rydel specks up "Ross listen to Vanessa I know Laura means the world to you but the only thing we could do now is trust the police to find her."I run a hand though my hair.

"That's not my point Rydel! It's been a year I can't just sit here and do nothing when she could be in danger.I promised her I'd be a better boyfriend and I just can't back down from that.I'm sorry for snapping at you guys but it hurts me to know that she's not in my arms it hurts me to know that I can't feel her touch.I'm miserable." I sit down on the couch next to Rydel and hold her locket close to my arms.I feel a tear land on it."Ross..."Rydel begins "I miss her hell I miss her so much." Rydel slowly pulls me into her embrace I hug her tight "Delly...Promise me one thing that you'll never run away and that you will always stay here with us." She nods "Ross,That's a crazy promise why would I run away when my life is perfect right here." I smile at her "Thanks,Dels." She nods and wipes the tears from my face. Vanessa looks me with concern "Don't worry Ross we will find her and find who "They" is."I nod I want to believe their words but their is something inside me telling me we are in for one big shock.