Jeon Jungkook - Saviour

[Requested by mybunnykookiie ]

<Your Pov>
You walked into class like every other morning and took your seat in the front of the room, waiting for the teacher to come in. There was only one other person with you and that was Jeon Jungkook. He always wore the same black hoodie, and never spoke to anyone. His facial expression was nothing apart from neutural and he was pretty much invisible to the rest of the class. But you saw something different in Jungkook. It was as though he was always hiding something, but you could never figure out what. You stared at the black haired boy for a few moments until more students came in and class began.

<Time Skip>

Classes went by extremely fast due to your hard working ethic. The final bell rang and you collected your things before making your way to your locker. "Hey (Y/N)! Remember we have swim squad tryouts today!" Your best friend nudged your shoulder as she bustled through the busy hallway to her own locker. "I know!!" You called out in reply, chuckling as you saw her give you a thumbs up. Putting your books away, you grabbed your sports bag and headed down to the school's swimming area. You were one of the best swimmers in your class so staying back after school wasn't an issue. Eventually a small group of students willing to tryout for the swim squad team but someone in particular caught your eye. "Jeon Jungkook?" You thought, as you spotted the familiar figure with his black hoodie. The coach came in and told everyone to go change. Once you had changed into your swim gear, you noticed Jungkook was quite hesitant so you approached him quietly. "Hey...Jungkook, right?" You said in a calm tone. He spun around to face you and gave a small nod. "You ready for swim squad tryouts?" I asked and he looked at me for a moment before clearing his throat. "M-my dad is m-making me do it..." He stuttered in a quiet voice. You nodded slowly before flashing a smile. "I'm sure you'll do great Jungkook!" You encouraged brightly as a small smile grew on his face. "T-thanks (Y/N).." He replied shyly. Before you could say anything else, the teacher beckoned Jungkook to go change into his swim gear since all the other boys were done. He bowed apologetically before going to the change rooms.  After a few moments, he walked out shirtless, and in black swim shorts with his arms behind his back. The coach began asking each of you to swim up and back doing different swimming strokes. This continued throughout the course of the two hours and you were pretty much drained of energy once you'd finished. A lot of students had given up so there were only a small cluster of people left behind. "Great work today, you may go home now." The coach said and everyone sighed in relief. Climbing out of the pool you quickly grabbed your stuff and headed to the change rooms. However, you noticed Jungkook also gathering his things quite quickly and covering himself in his towel. Before he could do this, his arms were exposed for a split second, but just long enough for you to see the crimson red scars that were scattered across his arm. You looked away before he could catch your stare and proceeded to change out of your swim gear.

Once you'd done this, you looked around to see Jungkook walking out of the school. Instinctively, you followed him quietly, making sure not to be heard. He had his earphones in so that made it easier for you. Jungkook walked a few streets down from the school until he reached his house. Hiding behind a tree you noticed Jungkook sigh heavily before ringing the doorbell and waiting for someone to answer. A tall male figure opened the door and the two talked for a while, the taller male shouting at Jungkook. You assumed that this was Jungkook's father and bit your lip in fear as to why he was being so harsh. Before you could leave or even think of anything else, his dad began to hit him harshly, making Jungkook fall onto the ground and shield his head with his arms. He whimpered in pain but kept quiet. You gasped at what you saw and quickly emerged from your hiding spot, pushing his father to the ground and picking Jungkook up by the arm and forcing him to run away with you. His father yelled loudly but you just kept running until you reached a spot that was under a bridge. Jungkook looked down at the ground with tears in his eyes as you both sat down and caught your breath. "Jungkook..." You said after a moment. He looked up slowly and you sighed before pulling him into a tight hug. He was hesitant for a moment but hugged you back and cried into your shoulder. You comforted him for a while until all his tears had dried and he breathed deeply. You both sat in silence for a while until he grabbed your hand and held it lightly. "T-thank you (Y/N)." He said quietly. "Jungkook I-" Before you could utter another word he pressed his lips to yours, and you kissed him back lightly. He pulled away and showed a small smile on his face, making you smile too. "Thank you for saving me.." He whispered and you hugged him tightly. You stayed there for what felt like forever, not wanting to let go of each other....ever.