Jeon Jungkook - Our Story

(Requested by jeonchimkook )

<Jungkook's Pov>
It's currently 1:00am and I'm so busy working on (Y/N)'s present that I didn't realise how quick the time has gone. "Jungkook go to sleep, we have an early dance practice tomorrow and a fan meet straight after." Jin's voice was loud from his bedroom but I just ignored him. He'll probably fall asleep soon anyway. I had to finish (Y/N)'s present because this is the only time I'll get to work on it. This week is packed full of fan meets, performances and lots and lots of practice. If I don't make (Y/N)'s present great, it's not going to be a nice birthday for her. She works very hard to take care of me so I feel like I need to give back in some way. "Jungkook! Go to sleep right now!" Jin scolded me again but I didn't care because I had finally finished. The present looked really nice and I prayed and prayed that she would like it. I stepped back to admire my work. The photo album that I'd chosen was filled with pictures of (Y/N) and I doing silly and crazy things. The clear jar was decorated with heart stickers all around, containing paper hearts with messages inside. I smiled. I couldn't wait to see her reaction. I quickly packed up my workspace and jumped into my bed trying to contain my excitement for (Y/N)'s birthday tomorrow...

<The Next Day>
<Jungkook's Pov>
5:00am
The alarm clock went off loudly as I rolled over to turn it off, my eyes could see the flashing red numbers of the date. It was (Y/N)'s birthday. I hit my alarm clock harshly before jumping out of bed and getting changed into some comfortable clothes that I could dance in. Our manager had wanted us to practice a lot for the upcoming showcase but I personally thought that we were all ready. As I brushed my teeth, I thought about my plan for today. "Dance practice, fan sign, (Y/N)'s birthday party" These thoughts swirled around in my head that I hadn't realised how much toothpaste had dribbled down my chin and how close I was to the mirror. My breath had fogged up a part of the glass so I drew a smiley face and went on with my day. I met Jin in the kitchen who has eating his regular cereal whilst checking the fan cafe on his phone. "You're up early Kookie." I smirked before grabbing the box of Fruit Loops from on top of the fridge and sitting down to join Jin. "Hey guess what." Jin said. "What?" My voice came out raspy and deep which made Jin shocked. "The fan sign's cancelled due to the venue being booked by another company already." He chuckled before putting another spoonful of cereal in his mouth. "Really!?" I almost spat out my cereal as I shouted. "Yeah.." Jin replied bluntly. I was disappointed that I wouldn't get to see the fans but also kinda excited that I had more time to prepare for (Y/N)'s birthday. I continued eating my cereal until the rest of the members were ready and we proceeded to leave for practice.

~ At the studio ~
We all dumped our bags into the corner of the room before stretching and warming up. Our manager eventually came in and gave us a run through of the show and what we had to practice. My mind dazed off to the plans of the day ahead that I didn't realise we had already moved to first positions. "Come on Jungkook, focus and stop day dreaming." He scolded as I got in my correct spot and waited for the music to start...

< Time Skip 6 hours later>
My back is drenched in sweat and my muscles hurt like hell but we're finally finished. We all lay on the floor in the hot studio trying to cool ourselves down. "So....hot..." I hear Suga complain as he rolls around on the floor like a log. "Alright you can go now." The manager says and we all drag ourselves back to the car. I request to stop at the apartment that (Y/N) and I share to prepare things for her birthday party. "But Jungkook, you don't even have decorations." Jimin says. I shake my head frantically before showing him my bag which is full of streamers, balloons, banners and (Y/N)'s gift. He only nods as I jump out of the car and run into the apartment. I take the cake out of the fridge and set it on the table along with plates and cutlery for when we eat later. I hang up all the banners and blow up all the brightly coloured balloons before spreading them our evenly across the room. I step back to admire my work. "Perfect." I whisper to myself before flopping onto the couch in exhaustion. "Now all I have to do is-" my thoughts are interrupted when my phone starts to ring. It's (Y/N). "Hey (Y/N)!" I say excitedly but a deep unfamiliar voice replies back. "Hello sir. We're sorry to tell you that (Y/N) is in hospital. You were the last person she called." I struggle to find the words of my next sentence. "W-what hospital?" I manage to stutter. "Seoul Medical Centre. But sir, (Y/N) has died upon arrival due to a car accident on the main road." It takes me a while to process all the information as tears stream down my cheeks. "I'm on my way." I end the call before running out the door and hopping on my bike to go to the hospital...

I see (Y/N) laying on the metal table. Lifeless. Her eyes are closed and I can see that the nurses have cleaned her up. She almost looks alive but when I touch her hand, it's as cold as ice. "I'm sorry (Y/N)" I whisper quietly. I clutch her hand tightly expecting her to wake up, but there's nothing. She's gone. I'll live this book of life by myself, writing in the pages as I fulfil new experiences along the way. Creating a new chapter for major events. But I'll never forget (Y/N). I'll never forget...

Our story