Min Yoongi - Apart

(Requested by AnnOnNoMous )

~ Flashback 6th Grade ~
<Your Pov>
"Good morning (Y/N)!" You heard Yoongi's voice from behind as he grabbed your shoulders lightly. "Morning Yoongi!" You said with a smile. "We have sports today, don't we?" He asked as he jumped up and down like a lunatic. "Yeah, hopefully we're on the same basketball team." You replied with a grin before punching him lightly on his arm to stop him from jumping. "Arghhhh the pain! The madness! Arghhhh!!" Yoongi dramatically crumpled to the floor with his hand over the spot where you'd 'punched' him. "Come on Yoongi! Don't be silly. We're gonna be late for sport!" You exclaimed in between laughs. "But the bell hasn't even gone y-" His words were interrupted by the school bell and you looked down at him with one eyebrow raised, and a smirk formed across your lips. "Now can we go?" You asked playfully. "Hmm I'm sleepy.." He said, trying to hide the smile that was on his face. "I'll kick you." You replied as you moved your foot back slowly. "Arghh no no! I'm up! I'm up! Let's go!" He yelled as he quickly got up and grabbed your hand, dragging you to the classroom. You sat next to each other and listens attentively as the teacher marked the attendance. "Yoongi." She called as her glasses slid down to her nose. "Here!" Yoongi replied whilst placing his hand up innocently. "He's so cute.." You thought as you watched him from the corner of your eye. "(Y/N)" The teacher called, but you didn't reply. You were too busy looking at Yoongi. "(Y/N)!" Yoongi whispered as he tapped your knee and pointed at he teacher. "I-I'm here! S-sorry.." You stuttered as you felt your cheeks go red. "Was she looking at me?" Yoongi thought as he glanced over to see you were rubbing your cheeks in embarrassment. "It's okay (Y/N).." Yoongi whispered as he moved your hair behind your ear and took your hand to head out to the basketball court.

<At the Basketball Court>
The teacher had placed us all into teams, and I was glad that I was with Yoongi. He was always team captain and he called me his co-captain which made me feel all bubbly inside. "Alright you guys know the plan?" He asked confidentially. Everyone nodded and you squeezed Yoongi's hand tightly letting him know that you were ready too. "1...2.....3....Start!" The teacher blew her whistle and you instantly got into position. Yoongi was always the person who scored for your team, so it was your job to get the ball to him in an open space. The ball was thrown to the opposition so you ran as it was mid-air and intercepted. "Here (Y/N)!" You heard Yoongi call, but he was blocked by all the opposition defenders. "It's too risky.." You mumbled as you took a deep breath and dribbled the ball to the 3 point line. Yoongi's voice was only faint in your ears as you jumped up and took the shot. The ball soared through the air and you watched nervously as it bounced off the backboard and into the hoop. "Yay!" You heard Yoongi shout. You stood there frozen. Yoongi came over to you and your eyes locked. "I-I'm sorry Yoongi there were t-too many defenders and I thought maybe if I passed it to you they would get possession again an-" Your stuttered sentence was interrupted when Yoongi pulled you into a hug to calm you down. "Well done (Y/N).." He whispered as you leant your head against his chest. His heartbeat was slow and calming which made you relax. "Let's go.." He said as you gave him a hi-five and continued the game.

~ End of Flashback: Present Time ~
High school is tough. You and Yoongi were no longer in the same classes, which meant that you were alone. You often sat by yourself in class, with your head down and focussed on your work, which meant that you were an easy victim for bullies. Back in primary school, no one dared to touch you, as Yoongi was always there to push the bullies away. But now Yoongi had moved on. He had made new friends and they were coincidentally all boys. He was part of the school's basketball team, which was sadly only for boys as well. The first term had been hard and you struggled to keep up during second term. Your grades slipped as you stopped paying attention in class. Your wrists were marked with cuts and your eyes were always puffy from crying every night, missing Yoongi. It was horrible and you were starting to give up. There was no point in living anymore. There was no one to live for. Your best friend for life had moved on, and your feelings for him could only remain a secret. He didn't even look at you in the halls anymore. He simply walked past with his basketball team and left as though he'd forgotten you. He never answered his phone anymore when you called him. You realised that
you had been forgotten, and there was nothing you could do about it. "I should go.." You thought as you raised your hand to catch the teacher's attention. "Yes (Y/N)?" He said in a deep voice. "May I please go to the bathroom?" You asked quietly. "Of course, but be quick." He said sternly. You nodded before standing up and walking out of class. You went towards the direction of the bathroom, but turned left when you reached the fire door exit. You climbed the stairs onto the balcony and looked across the city. Everyone had a purpose. Everyone was loved. There was always someone there to protect them. "Except me." You whispered as tears ran down your face. "Goodbye Yoongi." You thought, as you took a step off of the building and let yourself fall...

<Yoongi's Pov>
"Could Min Yoongi please report to the principal's office. Min Yoongi to the principal's office please.." I heard my and over the loud speaker and got up from my seat quietly. "Aye! Who's she calling Min Yoongi? It's Agust D yo!" One of my friends shouted from behind me and I laughed a little before exiting the classroom. "What's this about?" I thought, as I knocked on the principal's door before walking in. "Hello Yoongi." She said respectfully. "Hello." I replied whilst bowing slightly. "I was just wondering if you've seen (Y/N). She left to go to the bathroom but hasn't been back in an hour." She explained with concern. My heart pounded as my mouth dropped open in shock. "I-I haven't seen her." I stuttered as I felt fear running up my spine. "Okay, well let us know if you find he-" The principal's words were cut off when one of the students rushed in. "We found (Y/N)! She was reported to the police and found unconscious on the ground in front of our school building. They took her to hospital but she didn't make it." He explained whilst panting. "What was the cause!?" I asked, raising my voice slightly. "The security cameras saw that it was suicide." He replied quietly. "Arghhh no! No! No! This is all my fault! Arghhhh!" I screamed in regret and guilt whilst running my fingers through my hair. "Y-Yoongi calm down." The principal said gently but I couldn't take it. I ran out of the office and onto the street outside my school. My knees locked and I fell to the ground with tears streaming down my cheeks. "I'm so sorry (Y/N)." I shouted in guilt.

"I shouldn't have let us be apart...."