Kim Taehyung - Bother

<Your Pov>
It was 11:30pm, and you were on the phone, talking to your best friend Taehyung, trying your best to cheer him up. "Just know that I'll always be here for you Taehyung, okay?" You said into the phone. "Thank you (Y/N)." He replied, and you smiled. "How're you feeling now?" You asked. "I'm feeling okay, don't worry. I'll be better in the morning." You frowned. "But Taehyung~ I can't let you go to bed feeling down like this." Taehyung sighed on the other end of the phone. "I'll be fine (Y/N). My outburst was enough. " He said. "...okay, but tomorrow I will do something special for you, so be ready okay?" You said excitedly. Taehyung chuckled. "There's no need (Y/N). But I'll talk to you tomorrow okay?" You smiled. "Goodnight Taehyung, sleep well." You said. "Goodnight (Y/N)..." He replied, before ending the call. Taehyung had been stressed out with his busy schedule, so you listened to what was on his mind. You persisted to help Taehyung, and eventually he opened up to you so that it wasn't bottled up inside of him. After saying goodnight, you didn't go to bed straight away, as you wanted to prepare Taehyung's surprise for tomorrow. You planned to have ice cream in the park, and then go to the big arcade that he liked. It was going to be great, all you had to do now was plan everything...

- The Next Day -

Good morning Taehyung!
Meet me in the park at 2:45pm okay?
See you then :)

You texted Taehyung as soon as you woke up, and then got ready for the day. Doing small things like cleaning the house, and running some errands distracted you from the time. You were washing the dishes after having some lunch when you glanced at the time. "2:35pm" You were shocked that there was only 10 minutes until you'd see Taehyung. "I'm going to be late!!" You thought, as you quickly tidied up the rest of the dishes and grabbed your jacket and backpack, before going on your way.

Running out of the house to the park, you grabbed your phone to check the time. "2:43pm". You sighed. "Any minute now." Whilst waiting, you bought two ice creams from the ice cream truck that was conveniently passing by. "Thank you." You said, paying for the ice creams, then going back to the bench. Waiting patiently, your heart jumped in your chest when you saw a familiar figure walking towards you. "Taehyung!" You exclaimed, and ran towards him, greeting him with a big smile. "Hey (Y/N)!" He said. He seemed a lot better today, but you wanted to make sure that he would be happy with what you'd prepared. "Here you go" You said, as you handed him his ice cream. He smiled. "Thank you." He replied, eating it happily. "So today, I planned that we could go to that arcade you liked." You explained with a smile. "It's okay (Y/N). I'm good now. I'm actually going out with my family later." He said, and your smile faded. "oh...okay then...I'll let you be on your way." You mumbled, as you saw him constantly checking the time. "Thanks for the ice cream, see you around! I'll text you, okay? Bye!" He exclaimed, as he waved before walking off. You waved back, but felt disappointed. This wasn't the first time that this had happened. But you always brushed it off like it was nothing. You sighed, before finishing your ice cream and walking home. It wasn't a big thing that Taehyung declined your offer to go out, but it just felt like your efforts to cheer him up had been completely pointless. "I'm glad you're okay Taehyung...but I wish I didn't feel like such a bother to you." How you wished you could say those words to him, but instead you just kept them to yourself. The rest of your day went by slowly. You ignored Taehyung's texts, and just sat in your room thinking. "If only I wasn't such a bother..."

"Maybe I'd mean something to you.."

<Taehyung's Pov>
The taste of chocolate mint ice cream lingered on my tongue, as I made my way home. (Y/N) cheered me up a lot, so I was happy to have ice cream with her. Once I got home, I received a text from my mother.

Sorry Tae, your sister is sick, we'll have to cancel the beach day. Go and have a nice afternoon now xx

I texted her back, saying it was alright. But now I had nothing to do. (Y/N) had offered to take me to my favourite arcade, so I figured I'd text her.

Hey (Y/N)!
My afternoon just opened up!
Wanna go to the arcade??? <3

(Y/N) was someone who replied straight away, but this time she didn't. I waited for two hours and received no response.

Hey, are you okay??
What's going on? ._.

I texted her again, but received no reply. I had the sinking feeling that something had happened, so I grabbed my jacket and raced outside to her house. All the lights were off, and the blinds were shut. I was about to knock on the door, when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

I'm fine Taehyung, just tired.

I frowned, and replied quickly.

Okay, tomorrow maybe?
Have a nice night! <3

I sent the message and then walked home. "Thanks for today (Y/N)..." I thought, before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

<Narrator's Pov>
But little did Taehyung know, (Y/N) was not the type of tired that sleep could fix. She was tired of all her efforts being put to waste, and feeling as though she was just nothing but a bother to her best friend...