Kim Taehyung - It Hurts

(It's almost 1am here, and my tears are keeping me awake, so here's a small update for you all.)

<Taehyung's Pov>
It's been over a year since (Y/N) and I broke it off. The connection is gone. The spark burnt out. There's nothing left of us now. Pictures? No, I burned them. Videos? No, deleted them. Letters? No, threw them out. The only trace I have left of (Y/N) is her diary. The small black book she threw on the ground the day of our break up. I haven't read it. It still sits in the same spot on top of my bookshelf. But today I guess I'll read it. I feel I've moved on. I can re-read the past chapters of my life, but not re-live the experience. Reflect upon what happened but not dwell on it and feel sorry for myself, right? Is that how it works? Grabbing the book from the bookshelf I sit on the edge of my bed and turn to the last entry. Instead of a diary recount, I find a letter written on the day of our break up. It's confusing, but my curiosity gets the best of me. Taking a deep breath I begin to read each word as though (Y/N)'s right there next to me.

Dear Taehyung,
I'm sorry. I know how things are now between us. It's not working. I'm sorry I haven't admitted this to your face and that you'll never know the truth, but listen Taehyung. I don't want to hurt you. I never wanted to. But it seems that fate has turned our path to go separate ways now. There's someone better for you Taehyung. I know it. I'm sorry I couldn't be the one. I couldn't be good enough for you. As much as it hurts for me to say it, maybe you're not the one for me either. I spent a lot of time trying to love you, but forcing love just makes everything worse. Forcing love that is not real will only hurt our hearts more, and I'm sorry for doing that to you. I'm sorry Taehyung. Please find someone better than me. I loved you more than I've ever loved anyone but it's time to move on from each other. We can put the past behind us and start a new beginning. Because Taehyung I know when you told me you loved me it wasn't real. Your eyes pushed the lies straight to my heart. It hurt. It still does. I know I wasn't good enough Taehyung, so let's stop pretending and find a better future. I'm sorry.
- (Y/N)