Park Jimin - Question

(Requested by jeonchimkook )

<Your Thoughts>
Anytime now he'll call me back.
But..
It's been days...
It's okay, I'll wait
Weeks...
Uhm, I'll wait longer
Months...
Years....
Jimin...
Why?

~Flashback~
<Your Pov>
The doors came to a close and you locked it securely before taking a breath of relief and exhaustion. "Good job today (Y/N)." Jimin, (your boss) said. You smiled and couldn't help but feel the blood rush to your cheeks. "W-woah...are you alright (Y/N)? You've gone all red!" He placed his hands on the side of your face to try and calm you. His soft hands were cool from touching his frozen water bottle just a few minutes ago. "Y-yes sir. I'm f-fine." Your voice cracked between each word as you stuttered to make a sentence. "Come on (Y/N), I know you're nervous by the way your voice is cracking so much." He chuckled as he moved his hands away from your face, which had cooled down the slightest bit. He wasn't mistaken, everyone knew it was a habit of yours for your voice to crack when you were nervous or uncomfortable. You nodded slowly as you tried to contain your embarrassment. "Now now (Y/N), don't be embarrassed it's okay." His voice was gentle yet still held some deepness to show his strong personality. Although Jimin was your boss - and you respected him in many ways, you had to admit that you had feelings for him. He had dyed his hair so many times you couldn't figure out which colour looked best on him. He looked handsome in whatever colour his hair was which only made you fall for him more. You were only about an inch shorter than Jimin and you found that he used that to an advantage whenever he was reaching for supplies on the top shelves. He was a funny and caring person yet you knew you didn't have a chance with him. "I better go home." You admitted shyly, looking into Jimin's eyes. "Uhm.. W-would you like to head out for a drink?" Jimin's question caught you by surprise and you couldn't say no to his offer so you obliged eagerly, nodding your head in agreement. Jimin smiled before leading you to his car. "Just throw your bag in the back." He stated before opening the door for you to get in. You placed your bag in the back and got in the passenger seat next to Jimin. "There's a bar near my place. We can have a few drinks and then I'll drive you home. Sound good?" He asked. "Y-yeah sure. But I can take the bus home so you don't have to drive me." You replied, trying your best to hide the stutter in your voice. "Oh, okay then. Do you want me to drive you home?." You considered this for a moment but shook your head. "No it's okay. The bus stops right in front of my house anyway." You replied. Jimin nodded before he started the car and drove in silence...

~Time Skip~
||At the bar||
<Your Pov>
You and Jimin arrived at the bar to fin that it was practically empty. Only a few people were present around the tables but you figured they were late-night customers drinking their woes away. "What would you like?" Jimin asked as you approached the counter. "Just the usual beer. Nothing special." Jimin ordered the most popular beer that everyone seemed to know, you didn't even know it's proper name. Jimin ordered the same as you before heading to a table near the window - both drinks in his hand. You sat down facing each other and he handed you a bottle. "Thanks." You said quietly before taking a small sip. "Don't mention it." He replied. Jimin lifted his bottle up and you found yourself doing the same as they clinked together as if to signify the end of the long day. "Cheers" He whispered before taking a big gulp of the drink. You smiled and took another sip of your own drink. The two of you sat there in silence for a while. Admiring the view of the city lights beyond the window next to you. Occasionally you'd glance over at Jimin. His hair was all over the place in a mess from the numerous times he had ran his hand through it. His tie was loose around his neck and the first few buttons of his shirt were undone. You felt as though your heart was about to burst out of your chest from how hot he looked at that very moment. You sighed to yourself, not realising that it had drawn Jimin's attention to you. "Is something wrong (Y/N)?" He asked politely. "U-uhm no. J-just tired." You tried to stifle a laugh but it didn't come so your voice cracked...again. You placed your hands over your mouth in shock and didn't meet Jimin's eyes. "Haha what's up (Y/N)? You know you can tell me." He smiled before placing his hands on your wrists and pulling them away from your mouth so you could speak. You felt heat rising up to your face again so you decided just to tell Jimin. "It's just.." You began but stopped yourself again. "Should I really tell him?" You thought. "What if he doesn't feel the same way?" Your mind raced with wonder as you argued with yourself. Jimin placed his hand on top of yours and squeezed it slightly as if signalling you to go on. "I l-love you." The words left your mouth very slowly, leaving them hanging in the air. The silence was making you feel uncomfortable so you broke it again. "Do you feel the same about me?" Jimin stared at you. His eyes were full of shock and confusion. You thought he was about to speak but instead he took out his small notebook from his pocket along with a pen. "Write down your number here please." He insisted. His actions seemed flustered but you gave him your number anyway. "I-I have to go now. I-I'll call you tomorrow." His ears started to go red but you didn't get the chance to tell him as he was already out the door. You walked up to the counter to pay but the man serving you shook his head. "It's on the house." He said before smiling slightly. "Thank you very much." You replied before heading to the bus stop just across the street and making your way home...

~Back to present time ~
<Your Pov>
It's been two years since you met Jimin at the bar. He still hadn't called you back after all that time. You figured he'd forgotten because now he was married and had a son. You no longer worked with Jimin as you had landed a higher position somewhere else. Your feelings for Jimin were still there but you had learned to forget about them when certain times came rolling around. Jimin had never answered your question nor had he contacted you anytime after your meet up at the bar so you never really knew if his feelings were the same for you back then. But maybe it was time to let go of Jimin.

After all, it was just a question....