Campfire cuddling - Chapter 76

I am so sorry for not updating for so long. I'm going through a rough time and I have the biggest writer's block. I found this somewhere on my iPod and thought I should put it up. The next chapter isn't written yet so you'll have to wait for a while. It'll take some time but I'll try my best. Again, I am so very sorry.

~10 pm, Sam's house~

"You," I said, pointing at Sam. "get some wood and start the fire. And you," I pointed to Josh and Jake. "go get some pillows and blankets. Alli and Emily, you go get food and drinks. And Cody, you go get Marina, you know, my guitar"

"What are you going to do though?" Josh asked.

"Ah, I'm glad you asked. I'm gonna watch how you do all the work while I sit here and do nothing"

I heard Cody chuckle behind me, so I turned my head, only to be lightly pecked on the lips. "My girl. Isn't she wonderful?"

"And weird" Jake added matter-of-factly, grinning at me.

I turned my head to the left, looking at him with a stern face. "Dare say that again, Thrupp?"

"No, ma'am" He tried hiding the smile that was tugging at his lips.

"They're just jealous because you're cooler than them" Little Emily stated. This girl is just amazing. She lights up my world.

"You know it" I laughed, pointing at her.

Everbody went inside to go get the stuff I told them to, see, I'm good at bossing around.

A little while later, we all sat down around the campfire, sitting on pillows, with blankets wrapped around ourselves.

I sat up straight, grabbing my guitar, and then nodding my head in Cody's direction. "I start and then you sing along"

Cody nodded and I cleared my throat. I started strumming, forming the right chords.

"Hey girl I'm waiting on ya, I'm waiting on ya. Come on and let me sneak you out. And have a celebration, a celebration. The music up, the windows down" I started singing quietly, then louder.

Cody soon piped in. "Yeah, we'll keep doing what we do. Just pretending that we're cool, and we know it too. Yeah, we'll keep doing what we do. Just pretending that we're cool so tonight.."

Everybody sang along. "Let's go crazy crazy crazy till we see the sun. I know we only met but let's pretend it's love. And never never never stop for anyone. Tonight let's get some, and live while we're young"

Emily danced around like a madwoman. I would probably do that too if I wasn't playing the guitar. Yeah, that's how us Directioners roll. Angels too though. We're fangirls, we do weird shit all the time.

Cody looked surprised. "I didn't know you could play this song"

"Niall taught me" I smiled proudly. "And millions of other people. He put a guitar tutorial on youtube"

"What else can you play?" Jake asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Cody's songs. What do you want me to play?"

"Summertime Of Our Lives" "Summertime" "Paradise" "Be The One"

"Guys. Guys! GUYS! Calm down! I'll play Summertime Of Our Lives. I'll only play till the chorus though"

I strummed my guitar and started whistling. "Every day at twilight, when the sun turns red in the sky, I think of you on that shoreline, brushing the hair from your eyes. We were drawing our names in the wet sand, and running away as the tide rode in"

Cody looked at me lovingly and sang with me. "Wherever you are, no matter how far, I promise that I won't give up on you. They say out of sight, means out of mind. But they couldn't be further from the truth. 'Cause I'm in love with you."