Awake All Night -Chapter 40

Still Cody's POV

I quietly got out of bed, grabbed my guitar, and walked outside to the balcony, trying not to wake anybody up. I gently strummed my guitar and started to write a song. I couldn't stop thinking about her, even when she was just in my bedroom. I looked at the stars, thinking, and writing my song. It seemed like I had only been sitting there for a few minutes but when I looked at the time it was already 2:15 am, I just had to put that in my song. I started singing what I already wrote.

"It's 2:15 in the morning, and I'm still thinking about you baby" I sang. "It's really good so far" A familiar voice interrupted me. I turned around and there she was, my love. "Why thank you" I said while patting the place next to me. She grabbed a blanket, wrapped herself in it and sat down next to me. She put her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her waist. "You're beautiful" I spoke as I kissed her forehead.

She blushed a bit. "Did you sleep well yet?" I asked. "Yeah" She nodded. "Did I wake you up?" "No, I woke up because I had to pee" She laughed. "Oh, okay" "How are you feeling about all of THIS? I mean, what happened on the beach like, the promisering" I added. She thought about it for a while. "I was speechless. I love you, but who thought you would give me a promisering and sort of propose? I didn't really know how to react, but I know saying 'yes' was the right thing to do" She answered. "Always do what your heart tells you to do" I smiled. "Well, right now my heart tells me to kiss you" She whispered.

I cupped her head in my hands and leaned in, our lips touched and we both smiled. The kiss was gentle and sweet. We both pulled away and smiled again. "I love you" I said. "I -" She yawned "Love you too" She added. "You tired babe?" I asked as I chuckled. "Yeah" She giggled. "But I like it here with you" She added and smiled widely. She put her head back on my shoulder, and she fell asleep not long after that.

I slowly got up and picked her up bridal style. I carried her back to my room and laid her down on my bed again, pulling the sheets over her. I exited my room and walked back to the balcony. "Hey Curdy" I heard Alli say behind me. I turned around. "How did it go?" She asked. "She said yes" I answered excitedly. She ran up to me and hugged me tight. "I'm so happy for you" She said.

"So am I" I smiled. "Well, I'm going back to bed. Goodnight big bro" Alli replied. "Yeah, goodnight little sis" I hugged her. She walked back to her room and I continued what I was doing, wich was looking at the stars and writing a song.

I looked at the time, 4:15 am, let's put that in the song too. I was so tired, but I couldn't sleep. I was awake, all night, still thinking about my baby.