A chance? -Chapter 52

~Thory's POV~

Wow, it's extremely hot in Belgium. Even for the summer, it is 30 degrees (Celcius) and normally it's only around 20. But I like it. That way I can tan a little. Even though I burn really fast. Meh, don't care. It was 10 pm by now and it was still 23 degrees (Celcius). It also wasn't completely dark yet. Our front door and all the windows were open so it could cool off a little.

I walked to our door and sat down on the doorstep. I was thinking about stuff. Just stuff. Is it bad to say that I was thinking about Cody? I mean, I was thinking about wether it was good to say yes to Sam or not. I mean, I do like him, but.. it's just.. Maybe I should've stayed with Cody so he could explain why he kissed her. Maybe he really did have a reason.

But maybe he didn't. Well, I didn't have to worry about it anymore. I was Sam's girl now. Not Cody's anymore. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I let out a small scream as I stood up and turned around. "Oh my God, Sam. You scared me. How did you even get in?" I whispered, my mom was sleeping on the couch so yeah.

"I know where your housekey is hidden so I opened the backdoor and walked in to surprise you" He chuckled. "What? How did you know that? And how did you get past my mom without waking her up?" I gasped. "The place where the key is hidden is so cliché. And your mom is a steady sleeper. She doesn't hear a thing. But hey, what were you doing outside?"

"Thinking" I answered the quickly. "About?" He asked as we both sat down on the doorstep again. "Cody" I blurted out before I knew it. Uh-oh, why did I say that? Now he's probably gonna think that I still love Cody. Oh shit, this is not good, this is NOT good. "What about him?" He asked calmly. Okay, that's great right? The fact that he's calm. I mean, I thought he was totally gonna freak out.

"Maybe he did have a reason for kissing Bella" I answered just as calm as him. We looked at eachother and then looked back at the sky. "But maybe he didn't" Sam said. "Should I give him a chance to explain?" I asked him. "I don't know. You gotta follow your heart. But what if his explanation isn't the one you were hoping for?" He looked back at me, right square in the eye. "Then at least I gave him a chance" I was thinking about it, about what I just said. And then something else popped into my mind. 'Then at least I gave him a chance, gave 'us' a chance' Should I ask for his explanation? Should I?

Was I really doing the right thing here? "Let's get you in bed" Sam spoke while taking my hand and pulling me up. He closed the front door and walked me to my room. "Goodnight" He whispered, and then gave me a kiss on my cheek. "Please stay with me for a while?" I asked with pleading eyes. "Sure" He smiled.

I crawled under my thin sheets as Sam sat down on the small couch next to my bed. He started stroking my hair slowly. I saw that he was getting some chills. "Cold?" I asked, whispering, so my mom wouldn't wake up. "A little" He chuckled. I lifted up my sheets a little. "Come here" I patted the spot on my bed, right next to me. He took off his shoes and climbed in next to me.

"Better?" I smiled. "Yes" He answered. I felt my body getting tired and my eyes slowly closing. "I should head home now" Sam said as he kissed me on the forehead. "Yeah, I'm getting tired anyway. Soon I'll be asleep" I ended my sentence with a yawn. "I can see that yes" Sam laughed.

"See you later. Goodnight. I love you" He spoke. "Mhmm" I hummed as response. He then went home and I fell asleep not long after that.