The dinner (part 2) -Chapter 47

"What would you like to drink?" I asked our guests. "Ice Tea please" Sam answered with a smile across his face. "Water please" is what a grinning Emily answered. "And you Nic? We also have wine if you want some" "For me just water please" Nic said. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed 5 glasses. I poured the water and the Ice Tea in the glasses and brought them to our guests.

"You're pretty" Emily blurted out. "She sure is" Sam said while smiling at me. "Thanks" I blushed. "Are you shy?" Emily giggled. "Yeah, I am when people compliment me. I'm just not used to that" I looked down at my feet. Hello there, interesting feet of mine. How are you doing? I'm fine, just enjoying the awkwardness a bit. What about you? Oh sorry, I kinda drifted off a little. Well, back to our story.

"If you'd be with me you'd get used to it" Sam mumbled. I looked at him and he shyly smiled at me. "Dinner's ready!" My mom shouted from the kitchen. My mom walked in with the spaghetti and put it down on the table. I looked at it and frowned. Something at the back of my head made me wanna cry at the sight of spaghetti. But why? I mean, it was just regular spaghetti. Nothing to cry for. I didn't even know why, but I frowned. I just did. Sam looked at me with worry written all over his face.

He mouthed a 'What's wrong?' at me and I just shook my head.

~Sam's POV~

Was she okay? What was wrong? I just wanted to know. It was just spaghetti, I mean, what's wrong with that? But then it hit me. The last thing she ate together with Cody was spaghetti. Poor girl. I texted her.

Sam x: 'Hey boo, is it because of him? Because spaghetti was the last thing you ate together?x'

Her phone made some noise and I knew it was because of my text. "Excuse me for a second" She said, walking to her room to get her phone. She came back while reading it and instantly looked at me.

~Thory's POV~

Of course! That was it! I ate spaghetti on the day we broke up. How could I not know that. Meh, I guess I was fine now. My mom took a big spoon and filled everyone's plates with spaghetti.

"Bon appetit" I smiled. I grabbed my spoon, yes I eat it with only a spoon because it's spirelli, you know, those small curly things, and I shoved some spaghetti in my mouth. Everyone complimented my mom for her cooking skills and we just ate and afterwards we talked a little.

"So do you guys like it already here in Belgium?" I asked, out of the blue. "Definetly" Sam smiled. "The weather is different than what we're used to but it's okay. I like it here" Nicole explained. "And you Emily, do you like it here?" I repeated my question. "Yes, but I don't have any friends here" She frowned. "Not yet. But you have me" I hugged her and gave her a reassuring smile.

Her frown turned into a smile. "What school will you guys go to?" I asked Sam and Emily. "Some school in a town near here. I can't remember the name of the school, but it sounds latin" Sam chuckled. "Do you mean Immaculata?" I giggled. "Yes! That's it! Why are you smiling so big?" Sam answered. "Because that's the same school I go to!" I smiled. "Oh my God! Are you kidding me?" "No dude, I'm not even kidding you right now! We'll be going to the same school together!"

~Francine's POV~

"What study will you be doing?" Thory asked Sam. "Commerce-Languages" He answered. "I do that too!" She cheered. She looked happy, but it was good to see her that way again. I didn't like to see her depressed. But I don't think she'll stay that way now her bestfriend lives next door. "We're gonna be in the same class. I can't wait to introduce you to my friends" She cheered again.

Summer's almost over, but I don't think she minds.

~Thory's POV~

We talked all evening since they stayed till 11 pm. "Mom, can't I stay here?" Sam whined while they were standing in the hallway, in front of the door, ready to leave. Nicole looked at Sam, then at me, then at my mom, and back at Sam. "No, you're coming with us. But you can hang out tomorrow. Besides, you need to learn dutch from someone, right?" She winked. "I'd be happy to teach you all a little bit of our language" I smiled genuinely.

"Okay, so, see you tomorrow I guess" Sam said, the sentence more coming out as a question. "Yeah, definetly" I hugged him. They walked out the door and I waved at them. My mom and I walked back to the livingroom. "The dishes are for tomorrow" My mom winked. "Now go get some sleep" She added. We walked to my room and entered it. I put on my pj's and crawled under the sheets. My mom gave me a hug and a kiss and then left. "Goodnight honey. Sweet dreams" She said as she exited my room.

I heard her walking to her room and closing the door. I put my phone on silent and not much later I received a text from Sam.

Sam x: 'Hey boo, I miss you already x'

I smiled to myself and replied.

Thory: 'Yeah, I miss you too. Even though you're just a few feet away (: x x x'

Sam x: 'I really enjoyed today. We all had fun. My mom and sister like you (; x'

Thory: 'How could they not? I mean, I'm awesome. Haha jk jk. So about tomorrow, what are we gonna do? x x x'

Sam x: 'Yes, you definetly are awesome (: Uhm, idk. Hang out at your place? Maybe you could teach me some dutch? x'

Thory: 'I could do that yeah. Just come over when you're bored. My mom will be working so we're gonna be alone :/ Is that a problem? x x x'

Sam x: 'Not at all. So uhm, I forgot to ask but, have you talked to Alli yet? x'

Thory: 'If you must know, no, I haven't. I miss her though, but everything reminds me of Cody... x x x'

Sam x: 'I can only imagine what you're going through right now. But I'm here for you x'

Thory: 'I know that (: I'm gonna try to sleep now. Goodnight x x x'

Sam x: 'See you tomorrow. Goodnight. I love you x'

I read that text over and over again. 'I love you'. Did he mean it in a friend way or in a 'I want to be more than friends' way? What if he really did mean it as in 'I'm in love with you'? What would I do then? Did I feel the same way? I read the text one more time and fell asleep, smiling,after reading the words 'I love you'.