It's all my fault -Chapter 57

"Alli calm down. Why are you crying and what's the big problem?" I asked.

"It's T-Thory. She's in the hospital, a-and she slipped into a c-coma" She started crying again. The phone slid out of my hand and fell to the ground. I ran upstairs, grabbed my jacket and put on my shoes. Tears started to well up in my eyes. This is all my fault, if I didn't kiss Bella, this wouldn't have happened.

"Cody? Are you still there?" Alli asked. I picked up the phone, "I have to go Alli, I have a plane to catch. If I drive fast enough, I might be in time to catch the plane. Bye" and then I hung up. I grabbed a small note and wrote 'Thory is in the hospital, and in a coma. I have to fly over there. See you soon. Love -Cody' on it. I placed it on the kitchen table and grabbed the keys of my car. That's right, I have a car now because I passed my driver's test not too long ago.

I locked the front door and ran to my car. I jumped in it and drove to the airport as fast as I could. I bought tickets for the first plane to Belgium and ran to it. When I finally boarded it, I sat down and tried to relax. In 30 hours or so I'll be with the girl I love, who is currently lying in the hospital.

~30 hours later~

I called a cab and let it drive me to Thory's house. This is where everything started for us. The four days we spent together. I was standing in front of the house, afraid to ring the doorbell. What will Francine say to me? Will she hate me as much as Thory does? Did she see the interview? I walked to the front door and rang the doorbell. Oh shit. What will I say? I got scared and turned around, ready to walk away.

Suddenly I heard a gasp and felt a pair of arms around my waist. I turned around and hugged her back. "Are you okay Alli?" I asked. She broke out in tears, "No". I hugged her even tighter. She looked up at me, "A-and y-you?" She sobbed. I shook my head, "No". "Alli, who's at the door?" Francine asked from the livingroom. "It's my brother, Cody" Alli answered.

I heard some shuffling and then Francine was standing in front of me. I awkwardly smiled and waved, "Hello ma'am". "You can still call me Francine, Cody" She gave me a genuine smile. "I'm sorry for the way I treated your daughter" I frowned. She placed her hand on my shoulder, "I'm not the one you should apologize to". I stepped inside and sat down on the couch.

Out of nowhere Francine suddenly said, "She really missed you Cody". "What are you talking about? She hates me!" "No Cody, she doesn't" "How do you know that?" "Because she's my daughter. Ever since she started dating Sam, she started to act different. She looked happy again, but she zoned out a lot. And then that interview with you, she must've watched it a hundred times. She really loves you Cody" "I don't know" I sighed.

"I really have to go now, it's getting late and I still have to find a hotel to sleep at" I said as I stood up, ready to leave. "Are you kidding me? You can stay here, just sleep in Thory's room. I'm gonna go to bed now because I'm really tired from staying at the damn hospital all day long. Goodnight Cody, goodnight Alli" And with that she walked away to her bedroom.

Alli and I walked to Thory's bedroom and started talking, well, whispering, we didn't want to keep Francine up or wake her up again. "Is it weird that yesterday I was looking in her wardrobe to inhale her scent?" Alli asked. "No, I was about to do the same. I just miss holding her in my arms, I miss hugging her, I miss waking up to her beautiful face, I miss seeing her gorgeous smile, I just miss everything about her".

I opened the doors of her wardrobe and grabbed the first dress I saw. It was the red dress she was wearing on our dinner at Ellemy's. Her scent was all over it, God I missed that scent. I noticed that there was a big box hidden in the back of the closet. I grabbed it and sat down on Thory's bed with it. "What is it?" Alli asked. "A box" "You don't say, thanks for helping, Captain Obvious. I meant what's inside of it?" "Shh, let's take a look shall we?"

On the box there was a label saying 'Memories Cody'. I opened it and inside there was this scrapbook wich said 'Love lives on'. The scrapbook was filled with pictures of us. There was this one picture of me sitting on the couch at her place, watching Spongebob Squarepants and singing along. She wrote 'The moment I realized I love this idiot:' above it. I smiled to myself.

Bear was also in there. It reminded me of the night I won it for her. The name is so unoriginal, but I loved it. I proposed to her that night. That was the best night of my life. I found the ring I gave her and later on the necklace. The necklace I gave her for her birthday the day after we started dating. Her iPhone was in there too. I saw this letter she wrote, to me.

'Cody,

I hate that I have to pretend it doesn't matter or bother me.

I hate that I still think about you all the time.

I hate that you don't care, not even a little bit.

I hate that my emotions have gotten the best of me.

I hate that you put me through all of this.

I hate that I can't talk to you.

I hate that I still care.

I hate that I miss you.

But most of all, I hate that I don't hate you, not even a little bit, not even at all. -Forever yours, Thory'

Seeing this box, dedicated to me, made me wanna cry and smile at the same time. I really screwed up. I never should've listened to Bella. I was so stupid.

Alli snapped me back to reality. "It's not too late Cody" She started. "She still loves you Cody, I know she does. You saw that scrapbook 'Love lives on' " "I don't know Alli". I put everything back in the box and put the box away. We both crawled under the blankets and started talking again.

"Remember when I got angry at you for sleeping with her?" Alli chuckled. "Yeah" I laughed. After a long silence, Alli suddenly spoke up again. "Cody, what if she, you know, dies?" Her voice cracked. The thought of her being gone forever made me feel terrible. "Please don't ever bring that up again Alli" I sighed. "Just think about it, it's all my fault. If I didn't talk to her about you, this wouldn't have happened. If she would die, it would be all my fault. I would never forgive myself" She sobbed into her hands.

"None of this is your fault Alli. It's mine. If I didn't kiss Bella, we would still be together and this wouldn't have happened" "Can I ask you something?" "Yeah" "Why did you do it? I mean kiss Bella. Why?". Now is the right time, I'm going to tell my sister. Alli is actually much more than just my sister, she's my bestfriend too.

After I explained, she gasped. "That bitch!" She spat. "Shh, Alli, keep it down. Francine is sleeping" I shushed her. "At least now I understand why you did it" "Alli?" "Yeah?" "Do you think the person who hit her with their car did that on purpose?" "I don't know. Why?" "I think I might have an idea who would do that"