Calling -Chapter 61

Sam dragged me to my room because he wanted to talk. We looked eachother dead in the eye and said, "I know who caused the accident". "Who do you think?" We asked in unision. "Ryan" We both answered. "What? How do you know?" This whole time we've been speaking in unision and it's kinda freaky. I stayed silent so he could explain. "He called me yesterday when you were out for a walk. He said he was really sorry and that he didn't want to do it but he had to. I asked who made him do it but he wouldn't tell me. He said he loved her and that she didn't like double crossers so yeah. He asked me to call him when you were with me. I really want to know who he's protecting"

"Bella, he's protecting Bella" I sighed. "What? How do you know that?" "Cody told me that she wanted me dead. That's why he kissed her, she threatened to kill me if he didn't. Ryan was just her puppet and he did what she asked him to because he loves her" "Why were you talking with Cody? You know what, never mind. It's really none of my business. Should we call Ryan now?" "Yeah I guess so"

Sam went to his contacts and I saw 'Ryan'. I heard it ringing once, twice,... I got a bit scared now. Sam handed me his phone. "What? No!" I protested. "Hello?" It sounded through the phone. Oh damn. "Erm.. Hi uhm Ryan. This is Thory speaking.." I started awkwardly. Sam gave me a thumbs up, I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Thory! Oh my God! I'm so so sorry! I really am! I shouldn't have listened to her. I'm glad you're okay. You are okay right? I hope you are! I'm sorry for all the things I said about you, I didn't mean them. I was just so jealous of you. Ever since Sam met you he didn't spend any time with me anymore. He was either texting you, or calling you or even hanging out with you. I missed my best friend. And then I heard you two were going out and I was just so angry because he moved to Belgium because of you. And that meant I would possibly never see him again. And then she came with the plan of hitting you with a car and going back home immediately. And I just. I don't know" He rambled.

"Ryan, it's okay" "No, it's not okay! I nearly killed you!" "But you didn't. And besides, it was all Bella's idea, she made you do it" "How did you know it was her?" "I have my sources. And a good intuition apparenty" "I'm gonna come over to Belgium next week. I have to explain to the police. And I have to say I'm sorry to you in person. I have to go now. Bye" And with that he hung up.

"Well that was.. Interesting" Sam spoke. "Yeah. I uhm can I talk to you about something?" "Sure. About what?" "My feelings and what happened yesterday.." "Okay" "I told Cody I loved him. And I think it might be true.. What should I do? I'm too afraid to face him and I haven't texted him either. I just texted him that I had to tell you about the kiss"

~Sam's POV~

Well this is awkward. She wants to talk to me, about her ex who she's still in love with. And I'm her ex too and I'm still in love with her. And oh God, awkwaaard. It was like she read by mind as she said, "I know that this is awkward for the both of us but please help me. You're the only one I can talk to about this stuff".

"I think you should let him know that you meant it. The poor boy is probably thinking that you regret it. Let him know that you still care about him, that you still love him. Not through a text, not through a call. Call him now and invite him and his family over for dinner on New Year's Eve. Say it was your idea, not mine. Everything will be alright. I promise. Call him, call him now"

She nodded, "Thanks Sam. You're a great friend. And I'm sorry it didn't work out between us". She kissed me on my cheek. "I just want to see you happy. That's all that matters to me" I hugged her and while doing that, I grabbed her iPhone from her back pocket and searched for 'Cody'. I tapped 'Call' and quickly handed Thory her phone. I gave her a thumbs up.

"No! Sam! What are you doing?! I can't call Cody!" She protested. "Thory?" Cody's voice sounded. "You can do this Thory, I know you can. Goodluck" And with that I walked away and gave her some privacy.