Chapter 28: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

Start bij het begin

“Alright,” She sighed slowly, “Now, I’m going to allow you all to fraternize for a bit, as your teachers probably informed you. However, you only have 30 minutes. The girls have to get back to class.”

“Yes, Ms. Noble.” Everyone agreed in harmony.

A smile rose to her lips for the very first time, “Alright, then. Girls, you may come it.”

Suddenly, as if by magic, the gates were released and all the girls flooded in.

Before I could even stop to think, I felt myself being knocked backwards by a cluster of hormone crazed girls running through the gates. I let out an obnoxiously loud, girly scream as I felt myself fall backwards, ready for my head to land on the cement walkway.

“Watch out.” Alex said softly, slipping his arm under me just in time to let myself fall back into him. My cheeks rouged as he helped me back up.

“Thanks,” I muttered back embarrassedly, out of the corner of my eye seeing a glare from Kale, his eyes paler than usual. As soon as I turned to meet his gaze, however, he turned away. I gulped nervously; what was wrong?

Just as I got up, I sighed, noticing that Parker, Drake and Aaron had already started talking to a group of girls. Parker was flirting with an obnoxiously pretty blonde girl with bright green eyes and a short, skinny frame; Drake was chatting with a gorgeous brunette, and Aaron was talking to one of the prettiest redheads I’d ever seen. Everyone from this school, I noticed as I looked around, looked like they’d been bred from some sort of Greek Goddess and Jake Gyllenhaal.

“So, yeah,” I overheard Parker say to the blonde who was hanging onto every word. “They’re kind of my posse. More like my apostles, really. They cater to my every whim.” He said, motioning over his shoulder to us.

“Whoa!” The blonde gawked, her mouth ajar, “That’s, like, so cool!”

“Also untrue,” Kale scoffed, dragging Alex and myself over to Parker. “He likes to act that way, though.”

The blonde’s mouth dropped, her eyes lighting up, “Oh my god! So are you, like, an actor, or something?”

Parker’s face brightened up again, a happily surprised look on his face. “Why yes I am.”

I slapped my forehead with the palm of my hand, sighing.

“Oh, that’s so cool!” She chirped happily.

“Yeah—it’s my passion.” He fibbed, grinning stupidly.

She lit up like a thousand suns, “Well, I’m Katie Lynch.” She said, holding her petite hand out to shake Parker’s.

He smirked, “Parker Cobain. And these are Kale, Alex and Sam, my apostles.” He said, adding the last part quietly, as if we couldn’t hear it.

“Nice to meet you!” She said, grinning dumbly at all of us, “Over there are my friends,” She said, pointing to the girls that Drake and Aaron were chatting with. “Lucy and Jaime.”