Chapter 18: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

“Merry almost-sort-of Christmas!” Parker shouted tumultuously, charging in the classroom like a bull, almost running into Mr. Ferguson’s desk.

I looked up from my book at Parker, “Huh?” I said, confused.

“Christmas, smart one,” Alex said in a harsh monotone from his seat behind me. “You know, the birth of Christ. Where a fat, jolly, old pedophile breaks into the houses of young children and leaves questionable presents and steals sugary snacks and cow-juice from their pantry and refrigerator.”

“I don’t ever recall it being exactly like that,” Kale said, raising an eyebrow, turning around in his chair from the seat ahead of me, while I was stuck, confused on Alex’s use of the word “cow juice.”

“You guys,” Parker said, sitting down in his seat next to me, dropping his book bag next to his desk, “We should all do something for Christmas!”

“Christmas?” I said, still confused, “It’s almost Christmas?”

“It’s the 22nd.” Parker said, smiling ear to ear.

Holy crap. It was the 22nd already? My eyes widened, “I did not know that.” I said, feeling uninformed.

“Where do you think we should go?” Kale asked Parker, resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

“Skiing,” Parker said immediately, like he’d already thought of what to do.

“Skiing?” I said quizzically, my eyebrows knitting together. “I can’t ski.”

“I’ll teach you,” Kale said, grinning.

My brows rose even higher, “You know how to ski? Kale, Florida isn’t exactly the snowiest place in the world.”

“No duh,” He said, rolling his eyes, “There’s a thing called a plane. It can fly you places.”

“’It can fly you places,’” Alex mocked in a high voice, scrunching his nose in disgust. I sighed, rolling my eyes. Alex would never quit making fun of Kale, would he? Alex put down his book and stared quizzically at Parker, “Hey, and aren’t you Jewish?”

Parker rolled his eyes, scoffing, “Uh, yeah. But I like holidays. So sue me.”

I sighed. Parker was a strange one.

“I think it’d be fun, though.” Kale suggested, grinning.

I nodded fervently, ignoring the snickers from Alex, “Yeah, me too,” I grinned.

Alex sighed, pushing his chair back and kicking his feet up on his desk. “Hey, I’ll go too. I like snow.” He said, smirking.

I moved away from his feet and smiled, “When should we leave?” I asked.

“We can go tomorrow and pack today.” Parker said, grinning excitedly like a little kid. “We can tell Aaron and Drake after class that they need to come with us.”