Chapter 28: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

Start from the beginning

My heart sunk into my stomach. Yeah. Har har.

“Stop teasing him, guys,” Kale said, nudging my shoulder reassuringly. “He might just not want to go.”

“That so?” Aaron said, turning around at Kale, staring him straight in his blue eyes. “So who are you going with, Kale?”

I felt another pang of jealously. He shrugged it off, “I haven’t thought about it yet.” He said quietly.

Parker’s face cracked with a smile as he saw something off in the distance, “Well, you should probably think about it soon.”

Noticing his wandering eyes, I followed his gaze out into the distance. Even with my contacts I had difficulty seeing past the crowd of guys that seemed to come out of nowhere. However, I did see one figure distinguishably different than the others. She was tall, about 5 ’10 and had hair dyed blonde and cut in a bob. She wore a very old fashioned suit, though she couldn’t be much older then 30 years old. Before I could even take another look, I felt my feet pick up bellow me as Parker, Aaron and Drake pulled Kale, Alex and myself along towards the woman at the front gates.

As we squeezed through the tumultuous crowd of guys, we slowly made our way up to the front where we could see the woman in full view. Her tall figure looked down at us from platform heels, although even with those disgustingly large heels, she was still about the same height as Alex.

That was when I shifted my eyes to the sight behind the gates.

A cluster of girls were all pushed together, giggling and chattering to each other as they scanned over the boys on the other side of the gate. As I recalled Loretta, Alice and Michelle doing so often, they were determining whether or not who was date worthy. As I traced most of their eyes back to who they were looking at, I realized they were either looking at Alex or Kale.

I felt my stomach lurch with jealously.

“Hello, Chicago Academy for Boys.” The tall, fake blonde woman greeted.

“Hello.” Everyone answered back monotonously.

“We come from the Chicago Academy for Girls,” She explained, crossing her arms, “I expect your teachers have informed your juniors about the dance?”

“Yeah,” Everyone answered back again.

“Alright,” She said slowly through clenched teeth, “I’m the headmaster of the Chicago Academy for Girls, Ms. Noble.”

The chattering girls were getting restless, as I could notice the guys were too. Except for Alex and Kale, who I suspected to be the most attractive ones here; they kept their cool. I suspected they’d rather be in their dorms playing Black Ops as opposed to being here.

“Hopefully, you’re all on your best behaviors.” Ms. Noble said uneasily, her brown eyes looking as if she thought we were anything but.

Then there came another “Yes,” from the crowd.