Chapter 15: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

Start from the beginning

I frowned, “Of course I am! But, I want to know what that was all about!”

She stood hipshot, her hands on her hip; the signature pose of Violet. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” She huffed.

I slapped my forehead with the palm of my hand, “You know what—just…I’m not going to go there. What you need to tell me is your effing plan.” I growled, grabbing her by the wrists.

“Whoa, there, little one. Watch your language.” She chuckled, grinning like there was nothing wrong.

“Vi!”

“Alright, alright!” She breathed, frowning, “You really wanna know?”

Was this some kind of game? “Yes, of course I do!” I growled.

“And spoil the surprise?” She pouted, stomping the heel of her ballet flats obstinately.

I narrowed my eyes, dropping her wrists, “Yes, Violet Jenesse Stone.” I hissed through my clenched teeth.

“Okay, then.” She said, grinning. She stared over my shoulder, like she was waiting for me to turn around.

“Uh…Vi? What’re you looking at?” I said, turning around to see what was captivating her attention so much that she couldn’t look me in the eyes and tell me her plan.

“Hey there, little sister.” I heard an all too familiar voice say from behind me, my eyes shooting wide open as I saw his face, “You’ve gotten yourself into some deep shit, haven’t you?”

Oh. My. God. I thought, my angered frown shooting up into a full fledged smile, as the warmth from his smile warmed up my heart.

“What?” He said, holding out his warm, familiar arms, “No hug for your big brother?”

---

~*Alex’s POV*~

“Fine. Let’s go,” Sam’s sister, Violet groaned, tossing a lock of curly copper hair over her shoulder, and stomping off, Sam in tow.

“Weird,” Kale said, muttering, and playing with Joey’s fingers.

I frowned, getting up and dusting myself off. Violet would be dead in the next hour; I was sure of it. I turned to Kale, my happiness level rapidly decreasing. “Well, McCann, it’s been fun playing pre-school with you, but I’m going to head back to my room—”

“Huh?” Kale said, dumbfounded, “You’re not gonna wait for your parents?”

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. “No, of course not. They’re probably not even here yet.”

“Why wouldn’t they be?” Kale asked, dumbfounded, knitting his eyebrows together.