Chapter 9: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

Start from the beginning

Moments of silence passed, and Drake finally broke the awkward silence by mumbling, “So…” He sighed, “I guess this means no more singing?”

---

“Any sign of Alex?”

It had been three hours, and I was starting to get worried. Alex had disappeared completely within the past few hours, and I had a sneaking suspicion it was my fault. “No,” I muttered, biting my lower lip apprehensively. What was I going to do? I’d searched everywhere! He wasn’t answering his calls, voicemails or texts, which wasn’t helping the situation.

“This is bad,” Parker said, scratching his hair, his blonde hair matted with snowflakes from searching outside for an hour. “He’s not at any of his favorite places. Which counts out the arcade, and that creepy comic book shop with the blind dude at the counter.”

Trying to shake off that oddness, I turned to Aaron, who had searched the right half of the campus, “You find him?”

“Nope,” Aaron said fruitlessly, his eyes rimmed with black circles from searching.

I felt myself getting tired as well. I’d been up for an extra four hours knocking on people’s dorms, asking if they’d seen Alex, and I’d come out fruitless, as well. They weren’t the kindest people, either. I’d been called girlish looking at least 30 times. It was at least 10:30 at night, I was guessing, but I didn’t have time to check. Not with all the searching.

“What’re we going to do?” Drake said, approaching the circle. His dark hair matted with snow, too. His eyes were rimmed with blue, like the rest of ours, also. “He’s not anywhere!”

I yanked at my hair, getting more and more stressed out over every thought of what could have happened, “I don’t know, I don’t know!” I snapped, rubbing my temples, trying to sooth myself, which failed to work, just like everything else was.

“He usually ditches things until curfew,” Parker mumbled to himself, chewing on his nails, “But he’s always back by 9:30-ish, fast asleep.”

I knew that more then anyone. There had been probably been more then twenty occasions where I’d been worried about the whereabouts of Alex, then come back to the dorm to find him fully dressed and passed out on his bed.

“Maybe we should just get some sleep. He’ll show up in the morning,” Aaron suggested, yawning.

“Yeah,” Drake said, “We’ve all had a long day. Sleep should be our main priority.”

“Yup,” Parker agreed, “I’m all for that. None of us are gonna find him anyway. Where he goes before curfew is a mystery to me.”

I bit my lip. I wasn’t so sure about that. But then again, maybe we did need some sleep. Alex might’ve been passed out at the dorm, anyway. Like I said, after curfew, he was passed out on his bed after being out for so long. Where the hell did he go, anyway? Then it hit me.