Chapter 9: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

Start from the beginning

“Think not!”

“Think so.” Kale whispered quickly, smirking.

“C’mon, Alex,” Drake pouted, holding his arms out wide, as if he were expecting a hug, “Someone needs a hug.”

Alex scowled, moving himself away from Drake, “No!” He barked, narrowing his eyes.

Parker pouted in a mock of Drake’s, Aaron soon adapting the look not too shortly after. “I think somebody’s cranky.”

“Wake up on the wrong side of the bed, Grey?” Kale said, mocking the pout that all four boys were now illustrating. Forget about Alex being the only child. All guys were childish.

Alex grimaced, “No, McCann. You wouldn’t want to see me when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed. But you’re about to make me go there, and I’m assuring you, McCann…There will be blood—”

“Stop it!” I snapped, stopping Alex in mid sentence. “Stop acting like children!” I barked, crossing my arms assertively.

Kale frowned, his large puppy dog eyes taking in my perspective understandingly, like I imagined they would. He sighed, “Fine.” He swallowed his pride and held out a modest hand, “I’m sorry, Grey. Shake hands?”

Alex scoffed and rolled his hands, “No way.” He said, sticking his tongue out, “Cooties!” He said in a childish tone, glaring at me superiorly.

“Why do you have to make everything a bother?” I growled, narrowing my eyes.

“It’s my thing.” He said, grinning.

Kale glowered at him, setting his flowers aside on his table. “You know what, Grey? You can leave now.” He snapped, scowling.

Finally, he stopped his yapping and gave Kale one last evil stare, then turned to me, boring holes into my dull blue eyes. “I wanna leave now.” He snapped, demanding, more then telling. Then, he grabbed my wrist, pulling me along with him out the door.

I grimaced, shocked silent for a moment, until realizing all ninety nine pounds of me was being dragged out the door way. “Hey! Lemme go!” I barked, disoriented, trying to set myself loose of his grip, “Why are you taking me?”

He paused for a moment, looking unsure of himself. After that short moment of silence, he blurted out, “I forgot my key,” He muttered, furrowing his brows.

I quickly dove for the key in my pocket, handing it to him, “I want to stay.” I said softly, seeing the hurt in his cerulean eyes. I gulped, and straightened my posture assertively. No way in hell was I going to back down, “I’ll see you later.”

He scowled at me, wrapping his fingers tight around the key. He gave us all one last sickening look, “Fine. Stay here with this sick idiot.” He muttered, storming off, without uttering another word. Within the speed of light, he was out of the room, and a door slam was the only proof that he was here at all.