Chapter 1: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

Start from the beginning

I lifted my head up high confidently, “I’m not obsessed with him, Vi.” I snapped, pushing my glasses further up my nose so they wouldn’t slide down off my face like they did so often.

Violet giggled, tossing a lock of her curly hair behind her shoulder, “Yeah, sure. Then why do you have a picture of him taped to your computer monitor?”

I blushed. I opened my mouth to speak, but only air came out.

She smirked at me for what felt like the thousandth time that day, “Creeper…” She laughed, throwing her apple over her shoulder.

I punched her hard in the shoulder, “Am not!” I cried indignantly, picking up speed. Violet scampered after me, but I was too fast. I kept running to school until Violet was but a small dot when I turned back around.

When we arrived at school, Alice, Michelle and Loretta, my three best friends rushed to greet me. Loretta and Alice threw an arm around my shoulder while Michelle tackled me from the front.

“Sammie!” They cried in unison, knocking me down so we all rolled around on the freshly cut grass, laughing till our ribs hurt, which caused some very critical staring from the bystanders walking by.

Violet arched an eyebrow, turning around on her heel, “Well, I’ll leave you four be…” She trailed off, skipping away as her long curly locks bounced in step.

We paid no attention to her as we helped each other up and started to walk towards the entrance. Alice took my hand in hers, her big blue eyes wide with sympathy, “Sammy, I’m sooo sorry!”

I raised an eyebrow, “For what?”

Loretta scoffed, tucking a piece of her short charcoal black hair behind her ear, “Isn’t it obvious? Kale…” She trailed off, chewing on her lower lip.

I grimaced, “So you’re gonna give me a hard time, too?” I barked, a bit too defensively.

Michelle ruffled my hair, smirking, “Oh, don’t get your panties in a twist, grandma,” She laughed.

I chuckled a bit, “Sorry,” I muttered, “I’m just a little…upset.”

Alice shrugged, “Well, who wouldn’t be?”

Michelle scoffed, linking my arm through hers, “Well, whatever. Besides, we should focus more on the positive! Like who is worthy of dating our precious little Sammy next!”

Loretta smirked, “I don’t recall her ever dating anyone in the first place.” She giggled.

I scowled, “Speak for yourself. You’re dateless, too.”

Loretta sighed, “I’m just sayin’ that maybe if you grew a little bust up there, you’d have a boyfriend.” She winked, her eyes hovering to my chest.