Chapter Twenty Nine - Death sounded beautiful now -

• Dedicated to Accepting Death and living with the fear of the present :)

Chapter twenty nine:

Laughter echoed around the room pulling me closer to consciousness, as my eyes fought the pain of my wound that must have drowned my clothes in blood, Alec’s brother appeared before me.

“How do you feel today?” he asked smiling teasingly. I scrunched my eyes as I swallowed trying to soothe my dry throat but it hurt more than I wanted.

“Are you getting bored? I really don’t think spending three days here is that boring” he teased and I whimpered slightly wishing the pain hadn’t paralyzed my body so that I’d punch the soul out of him.

Three days here, only three day?! I didn’t even feel them to be that short! It felt like eternity being held inside this stinking room, left to wet the bed and starve to death; without medical care or shit!

I hated him, Christian was his name, he told me the day before.

I hated him with all my might and my hate was the only power I had at that moment.

He stood up and passed his fingers softly against my side then settled just next to the wound, he furrowed his eyebrows then hissed,” did you decide what you’ll do? You need help”

I shook my head and spat croakily,” neither”

He chuckled understanding what I’ve meant. When I was more conscious he had asked me the same question and I always told him,’ I’ll choose neither’

“Roya, being stubborn really won’t take you far” he argued and threw me a pointed look that took me by surprise. He looked so much like Alec it was scary.

“look Roya, I guess you won’t agree on deciding except when you understand from where I’m coming” he hummed and then sat on the edge of the bed with his warm hand covering the wound and as strange as it sounded, it eased the pain to levels I was thankful for.

His eyes drifted from the wound to my eyes and then he cleared his throat,

” Alec was a drug addict, he was Abraham’s slave and Abraham’s gang dug a huge hole between me and my own brother. Our father was always dreaming of starting his own gang when Abraham’s gang or may I say his brother; Franc’s gang grew. Alec dying under that asshole’s wing kills me and my father. --"

"--The day I came to your door planning on telling you he died—“he sighed and shook his head, I snapped my neck trying to see him better, knowing why he was doing this was going to change everything.

“— But when you opened the door and kissed me after asking me for drugs—“I closed my eyes in shame, I remembered that day. My parents had fought with me and I needed Alec’s drugs and when I opened the door seeing him before me, the urge to sniff something controlled me.

“—I understood why Alec didn’t want to let you go even though we asked him to a lot of times. That day I’ve planned to stay with you and at the same time live Alec’s life. I realized that Abraham didn’t even know he killed my brother because when I met him a couple of days later, he talked to me as if I was never shot down by him.”

I sniffed, I didn’t need to know Alec was truly in love with me. I just—I couldn’t live with the feeling of getting over his death too fast. Maybe all what was happening was just like a punishment?

“That day at the party—“he turned his head and smiled softly down at me, my heart fluttered but I killed the feeling before it spread around my body.