Chapter Six - Save it, Abraham-

Six:

I opened my eyes to see the drawn back curtain letting the brutal insensitive sunlight to flood into my room. My palm covered my eyes and I groaned as I sat up and stayed for a second.

Another day at school and I have actually slept before it. I felt energized and yet tired. My mind registered the memory of the day before, when Abraham paid me a visit and ended up leaving me with a punishment. Even though at the beginning I wished I could strangle him, the fact that he returned to my house and entered my room through the window and helped me through an attack made me forget the grudge I was attempting to hold.

I stood up slowly and I was grateful that my eyes were fine with the light. I looked at what I was wearing and it turned out to be the same outfit I was going to wear when I was going to Natalie’s but I haven’t been there so I’ve decided to just go to school in that outfit.

Since I had slept, I was awake a little late and that was only discovered when I looked at the clock and realized the bus was going to reach our place in any moment. I got hold of my bag and grabbed the books that contained my done homework and then I exited my room to take two muffins from the kitchen and I ran to the door.

When I reached school, I looked for Natalie, Blake and Hare and I’ve found them at the same place I’ve found them in the day before.

“Hey guys” I greeted them as cheerfully as possible, Natalie however turned around looking blank,” you didn’t come yesterday?”

I bit my lip guiltily and looked at Blake to see him smirking at me, anger bubbled inside me but I kept it as controlled as possible.

“I got punished at the last moment and then something held me up so I couldn’t call you” I said honestly and smiled apologetically, Natalie watched me from under her lids as if she was contemplating whether to believe me or not. I excused her since we we’re still new friends and trust grows with time but the stupidity of it all made me a little annoyed.

“Okay fine it’s okay. You just left me watch ‘The Note Book’ alone with a pair of unromantic jerks” she said in a minute and threw a glare at the guys who rolled their eyes in response.

“Excuse me for finding it a little… UN manly” Hare admitted and then smiled cheekily when Natalie flipped her finger at his face.

“Next time, try to keep your promises, will you?” Blake said randomly and all of us turned to look at him, I raised my eyebrow and retorted,” I told Natalie that I was still going to ask my parents. I didn’t promise anything so don’t try putting words into my mouth, Blake.”

He raised his chin in defiance so I attempted to turn around and fold my arms but Natalie succeeded in pulling me away.

At lunch, we sat together eating and talking while the noise coming from all the students was loud and uncomforting.

“So why did you get punished?” Natalie asked and then took a bite of her sandwich. I swallowed my bite and then looked around the lunch room thoughtfully. What should I say?

I’ve decided to just speak the truth,” My parents met my b-boyfriend and they didn’t like him so they ended up punishing me.”

As soon as the words got out of my mouth, I wished to kill myself. I remembered how Natalie was with me when Abraham attempted to pick us up and she was the one who told me who he was. I couldn’t tell her he was my boyfriend because she’ll know I’ve lied, also I can’t refuse letting her know him because that’s what girls bond with; talking and gossiping about boys.

“Oh my god! I have to see him!” she exclaimed happily while Blake chuckled and spat,” you were pretty quick don’t you think? Alec just passed away four months ago”