Chapter thirteen- The hottest thing to wake up to-

Thirteen:

The agonizing minutes which passed by with me staring at Abraham’s approaching body were, are and will always be one of the weirdest emotions I’ve ever felt in my life.

After he slid off the hood of the car and started walking towards me I was waiting for him to be close so bad. I didn’t realize I was clapping my foot with each step he took. When he was finally standing close enough, he smiled and I smiled back falling for that amazing yet rare smile of his.

“Hey” he said confidently and I grinned, Natalie was standing beside me eying him curiously and I chuckled at how wide her eyes were.

“Are you finished? I wanted to hang out with you.” He said before lifting the edge of his lip,” grab that cup of coffee we never had”

Understanding flashed in my eyes and I hummed thoughtfully before saying,” I just skipped first period and if I skip any more, my dad will notice”

He frowned and then looked at Natalie as if asking her explanation so Natalie gave him what he needed,” her dad is the principal”

He widened his eyes and looked at me. I could see his jaw line twitching as if he was chewing on it but then my eyes moved on their own accord to his eyes when he said,” That’s why that day he saw me, he flipped! He’s a teacher at heart.”

I chuckled at his joke – or at least I hope it was a joke- and then I shook my head while waving my head in dismissal,” it’s fine. He forgot all about it.”

Abraham nodded and then took off his shades and looked into me,” I’ll wait for you then”

I raised my eyebrow in shock,” you’re going to wait for more than five hours?”

He flinched at the time but then shrugged,” it’s no biggie.”

My heart felt light and fluttery as I watched him stand his ground and not run away from the girl who was asking him to wait for hours.

“I’m Natalie by the way” Natalie chimed in and he turned his head to look at her before his eyes narrowed and then widened.

Turning to me in disbelief, I tried to control the laughter inside me. He stared at me and I could feel his words in my mind as if he had spoken them himself.

She’s Javier’s sister?”

I nodded at his thoughts and he clenched his jaw before perfectly dropping the growing scowl and replacing it with a genuine smile as he greeted her.

Something was different, so different that I didn’t know exactly how to react. Abraham was acting normal… which was something new to me and I didn’t know if he was here just because he wanted to see me- which I find really hard to believe- or he needed something from me.

I mean, everybody needed something from me and he had asked me once before to do something for him. Why wouldn’t he repeat it again?

My mind aimlessly wandered off to Javier’s angry face as I slowly spoke the words ‘I won’t do it’

A part of me knew that maybe his anger was rooted from fear because he was scared his girlfriend would be lost because of something he meant to do himself, or he was only a gangster- a typical gangster at that- who has a PH.D in shutting out people and acting cold hearted.

At a point I realized that Natalie was laughing at something he said so I blinked twice and suddenly my ears could listen to them talking,”—you’re going to wait and it’s so unexpected from you.”