Chapter Thirty two - Farewell Party-

Thirty two:

“Yo Roya!” Sam’s voice chimed in behind me, I turned my head to the side to look for him between the crowd in the hall.

“I’m here girlie!” he called again and I turned my head again in the opposite direction to find him standing with Connor and Andrew and a girl I knew as Hayley; she was one of the cheerleaders I’ve been supervising.

As my mind turned a sharp turn to that direction, my eyes widened and I needled myself through the people muttering ‘excuse me’

“Hayley, oh my god I forgot to ask what happened to the championship!” I asked genuinely curious.

Her eyes fell and she took two steps away from Andrew who looked like he was her boyfriend.

“Um, we l-lost” she whispered under her breath. I closed my eyes angrily as I threw my fist in the air,

“It’s because of me!”

She lifted her head to stare bedazzled at me,” Um, Roya you were kidnapped”

I nodded,” but if I was a little more careful, I wouldn’t have been”

She threw a look of warning Andrew’s way and he just shrugged,

“She’s being genuinely nice, babe”

Hayley frowned as if she didn’t know the definition of ‘nice’.

“Oh well um, I guess it’s okay. We needed to lose anyway, no one was taking it seriously and we relied on you too much that we didn’t work hard” she spoke seriously and I nodded agreeing with her.

“So what did you perform?” I asked remembering the dance they’ve showed me, it was so ill planned and horrible that I wished I’d jump off my seat and scream Stop!

She gulped hesitantly,” we didn’t come up with a new dance”

I winced, damn- no wonder they’ve lost.

“Oh, I’m sorry about that, it wasn’t too bad” I spoke under my breath and then chuckled when Andrew threw me a wtf look and I knew right away that he must have seen the dance, so I cleared my throat and added,”—I guess”

He rolled his eyes and planted a kiss on Hayley’s cheek before the four of us: Me, Connor, Andrew and Sam started walking to our class.

On our way there, Natalie was seen standing against the lockers with her phone stuck to her ear and she was blushing about something; my brother must be the one calling her.

I raised an eyebrow having this surge of excitement to tease them so I told Sam and the guys to wait and they agreed leaving me walk towards Lil’s and as soon as I was too close to her, I heard her say,

“Oh my god Dean!”

Her tone of pure surprise took me by surprise that I stood still waiting to hear what she would say next.

“I I l-love you, too” she stated confidently and clearly and in less than a minute my jaw was on the ground as my palm rested above my heart.

My best friend is in love with my brother and she said ‘ too’ so he’s the one who said the words first!

I turned my flushed face to look at Sam and the guys and they were chatting but noticed me creepily staring at them open mouthed with a gleam in my eyes.

Connor made this gesture of me being crazy but then Sam pushed him and thumbed me up. I bet he didn’t understand what I was freaking out about but he wanted to be there any ways.