Chapter thirteen- The hottest thing to wake up to-

Start from the beginning

He shrugged before stealing a glance at me, I automatically smiled feeling like I wished to show him smiling wasn’t hard. He watched me without smiling but I noticed the soft look on his face. Why he was different was a reason that was beyond my imagination.

When we walked through the halls to class later, Natalie was more jumpy than I was and Abraham was here for me.

“I can’t believe he fell for you!” she screeched and then grabbed my shoulders shaking them; I closed my eyes and fought the dizziness attacking me.

“He doesn’t love me, Lil’s” I said for the millionth time, she stopped shaking me and then looked at me bedazzled.

“you’re kidding me right?” she spat,”- he is willing to wait for you outside without complaining!”

I rolled my eyes as we stopped in front of the class’s door,” Natalie, cut it out. No one loves the other. I bet he just needs something from me”

I whispered in a low hiss so whoever is inside the class wouldn’t listen to me. she grounded her teeth together and turned the knob before entering class with me following.

The whole day was passing by so slow that I was close to tears, my heart kept thumping harder and faster with every hour passing and when we reached lunch time, I jumped off the seat and literally ran – I repeat, ran- to where Abraham’s car was parked. When he was in sight, i could feel my lips lifting and I slowed down walking to his car. He was sleeping on the hood of the car with his shades on and his chemise under his neck exposing his upper body only in a wife beater. His leg was raised in a 45 angle and his arms were bent so his hands were settling under his head. I licked my lips without thinking and when I reached him, I silently climbed on the hood and then stared at him.

At the edge of my eye I could see the faded forms of all people at school walking to the lunch area beside the school’s building, I saw turned faces and gaping mouths but probably it was because I was impersonation Cameron Diaz in the movie ‘Bad Teacher’ by practically sleeping on the hood of the car next to an illegally good looking man.

I was tempted to touch his cheek or arm or stomach… I was tempted to touch anything to see if he was awake and to see if he felt as good as he looked. I wasn’t the type of girl who eyes guys and raped them with her eyes even though I admit I’ve done that a couple of times but Abraham was hard to resist. I meant every single word I’ve said to him when we argued. Our friendship, relationship or whatever it is, is very mind blowing. He enters my life, changes its course and then steps out of it as silently as he entered and I do the same thing to his life.

My temptation failed me and I lifted my hand and approached it to his face, he was so still it excited me. With butterflies in my stomach and a dry anxious mouth, I touched his cheek and sat still watching how he’d react but he didn’t move so I took it a further step ignoring the loud whispers behind me and I moved it to where his lips were parted slightly, his breath touched my finger tip and I smiled at its warmth. Maybe Abraham looked cold from the surface but he was warm inside and that was a proof. I leaned in attempting to yell something in his ear and scare the shit out of him and therefore would have some memory that could be used against him later.

With a mischievous smile, I neared his ear and my lips opened to surprise me by whispering softly,” Wake up”

Okay, that wasn’t what I planned on doing, but seriously, his face so calm and peaceful was begging my heart not to frighten him. Plus, I figured if he is some big gangster, there must be people here knowing him and he wouldn’t appreciate me making him look like a little fool in the middle of school.

You can call it care, respect, affection or anything else, however I wasn’t going to be the reason why he’d be embarrassed. I’d like to be the reason why he’s proud.